Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: I know this has been discussed before - edibles question

User Info Menu

I know this has been discussed before - edibles question

Going to Negril over Christmas and I'll be on the beach most of the time. I know this has been discussed before but could I get some updated opinions on edibles available on the beach/beach road? The bread man's was too strong for me and was not a good experience. I think I saw that Marcia's Cakes on the beach may have had them but I never tried them. Any suggestions on where to go would be appreciated. Also, I used to see a Rasta man on the beach selling, I think he called it, Ganja wine. Anyone ever try this and have an opinion to share? Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: I know this has been discussed before - edibles question

Everyone is different and there is no regulation so your best bet is proceed with caution trying a small amount and waiting an hour, unless you have someone in your group that is willing to be tester..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    Everyone is different and there is no regulation so your best bet is proceed with caution trying a small amount and waiting an hour, unless you have someone in your group that is willing to be tester..
    Yes. Take it slow, take you time.. Don't assume that every bite/piece will have the same potency as the last.

My go-to guy is Tony (I think that's his name!) at Montanas. Across the road from Whistling Bird.

User Info Menu

I agree, stay away from the bread mans. I ate a small piece last year and was wiped out for many hours. My wife, who is very experienced with edibles thought there was something else in there. Country Western on West End Road, formerly known as Jenny's is pretty reliable.

User Info Menu

IMHO In some cases the strength comes from shrooms, not ganja.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Is Montanas a grocery or stand? I only know of the Jungle across from WB. Thanks

User Info Menu

Montana's is a restaurant, a very good one.