Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: I'm a cheater!!

User Info Menu

I'm a cheater!!

It's been over 4 years since I was last in Negril and I have to admit I cheated going to Bahamas, Mexico, Barbados and Aruba.

Every beach I went to I compared it to my favorite beach Negril. They were beautiful but none compares to Negril, the people, the warm water and those gorgeous sunsets. I can't wait to have a dirty banana, some jerk pork, jerk chicken, oxtail rice n peas, plantain. Mmmmmm

I've really missed Negril and all you boardies!!

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Re: I'm a cheater!!

We go to other islands also but we have been going to Negril for over 30 years and yes when we are at another tropical environment we always compare the people the beach the food and just can’t find one we like better but there are many nice places

User Info Menu

I used to go to other destinations in the Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Dominican republic, Curacao, Key West) but tomorrow I'll be doing my 10th trip in a row back to Jamaica and have a hard time coming up with a reason to go anywhere else.

User Info Menu

I hear ya, we have been all over the carribbean , lioked every where we have been but nothing compares to Negril Jamaica

User Info Menu

I agree with all of you.....

User Info Menu

I know what you mean, I have been to some really wonderful beaches in different countries, and if you are just talking about the beach itself, I have been to some that are in my opinion better than Negil. However, the beach is just one aspect. While I have found more secluded, and more "naturally beautiful" beaches, the food, music, and general vibe were less impressive. Also, none offered the beach/cliff experience like Negril does.

Negril is unique onto itself and while there may be better beaches physically perhaps, when you group everything that makes a visit enjoyable, Negril comes out way ahead of a lot of other beach destinations.

User Info Menu

Glad you are going back - bummed we miss you by a couple days!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Me too Jenn, I'm sorry I won't see you. You can have a drink for me, you arrive on my birthday

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~