Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Catamaran suggestions

User Info Menu

Catamaran suggestions

Hi everybody,

We will be in Negril once again next week Last year, we noticed a huge catamaran on the beach. I think the name on the side was Kool Runnings. It was white and blue.

We would like to book a catamaran tour on one this size. We saw the Dream Catcher and the another one but they looked rather small. Does anyone know how to book this catamaran for a tour??

Thanks for any info

Shelley

User Info Menu

Re: Catamaran suggestions

We always do the small tour with Mirna..... Nicer on captain red stripe.
    Cheers

User Info Menu

This might help.

http://www.negrilcruises.com/index.html

I took the Tortuga trip recently and it was alright, nothing to write home about, but alright. Just need to show up at Margaritaville before 2PM with $60.00 in hand and you are on the boat but check first because thing might have changed. $60 got you a bag of chips and all you can drink draft beer, rum punch, and hard liquor. I just like to out on the water so I enjoyed it.

User Info Menu

The red stripe cruse is cheaper and you get bottled red stripe and a descent meal with snorkeling included Hard booze is also included

User Info Menu

I believe that "Kool Runnings" is the Beaches Resort cat, you can book that through Island Routes tours: http://www.islandroutes.com/caribbea...maica/3/negril

Red Strip Cruise was a blast- one of our group organized a charter for us at $50 a person. I think there were about 25 of us. They were great hosts, the food was pretty good (brown stew chicken, rice and peas, cole slaw) and all the red stripes I could drink, waters and rum drinks too. I'm not sure what they made of us when we got on, but when we were done, we ended up staying on the boat partying for almost an extra hour right there at the anchor spot. It was a great experience.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for the information. I like that the Tortuga is a larger boat. Not sure how big the Red Stripe is but it certainly looks like a popular choice.

User Info Menu

We were on the Tortuga last year and it was fine. We had a good time and when we stopped at Rick's my group stayed on the boat and hung out with the crews and had drinks. We also swam to the other cats there and they let us tour their boats, it was fun. You may get more for your money on Reds Stripe, when I went on Red Stripe we also had a good time and great food, but there's something about those big boats....plus we love meeting people and there are lots on the Tortuga.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]