Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The Jungle

User Info Menu

The Jungle

We have been to Negril 5 times and have never gone to the The Jungle. Anybody recommend this bar and if so what is the best time to go?

Thanks

Shelley

User Info Menu

Re: The Jungle

I didn't think Jungle was my kinda thing but we saw Toots and the Maytals there a couple or three years ago and I was pleasantly surprised. Beers were icy cold and reasonably priced. The facility was good and the washrooms were OK. I'd go again. Not sure if it's open any other day other than Thursday but maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

User Info Menu

We were there too for Toots. Fun time. When someone asks you for a "fun time" when you are leaving. Just tell 'em that you have to check with your wife .....lol

User Info Menu

Thursday night is usually "ladies night" which means ladies free before 11 or midnight, and guys $10

Saturday is "all inclusive" and I'm not sure of the details as I have yet to have the energy to get there on a Saturday, my usual travel day.

It's a night club, basically, so there are dj's and lots of young people looking for all sorts of action. I think it's pretty fun because I like to throw back some drinks and dance the night away. I prefer the outside deck dance floor to the basement. I didn't go when I was staying in town alone the first time, but went with friends my second year. I've only been one other time after that- it's fun but not my must do because it's so late by the time anything gets going- I'm usually up until about 5 am when I do go there... so it kind of cuts into my next day's fun.

If it's something you've heard about and want to try, I suggest giving it a try. Go with a group and stick with a friend for bathroom and such, just because there are a lot of people around and if you are drinking... be safe in every situation (not that I've had unsafe situations there).

It's a much better dancehall situation that you'll get at Bourbon Beach, and not nearly as .... uncomfortable... as Scrub a Dub
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by apohydro View Post
    We have been to Negril 5 times and have never gone to the The Jungle. Anybody recommend this bar and if so what is the best time to go?

Thanks

Shelley
    Five times and you have never been to the Jungle! How the heck does that happen. Ladies night on Thursday is a must do.

Keep your head on. Its a good time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Thursday night is usually "ladies night" which means ladies free before 11 or midnight, and guys $10

Saturday is "all inclusive" and I'm not sure of the details as I have yet to have the energy to get there on a Saturday, my usual travel day.

It's a night club, basically, so there are dj's and lots of young people looking for all sorts of action. I think it's pretty fun because I like to throw back some drinks and dance the night away. I prefer the outside deck dance floor to the basement. I didn't go when I was staying in town alone the first time, but went with friends my second year. I've only been one other time after that- it's fun but not my must do because it's so late by the time anything gets going- I'm usually up until about 5 am when I do go there... so it kind of cuts into my next day's fun.

If it's something you've heard about and want to try, I suggest giving it a try. Go with a group and stick with a friend for bathroom and such, just because there are a lot of people around and if you are drinking... be safe in every situation (not that I've had unsafe situations there).

It's a much better dancehall situation that you'll get at Bourbon Beach, and not nearly as .... uncomfortable... as Scrub a Dub
    I agree with Livin ^^^...Saturday night is $20 include your drinks all night...
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!