Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cliff Cheap Eats

User Info Menu

Re: Cliff Cheap Eats

We call our driver or take route taxis day or night. It's just safer than walking along the road and route taxis are a bargain. There are route taxies out in that neck of the woods. In my experience, if a shiny new red plate stops, they'll gladly take a cheap fare rather than drive without passengers to their next destination.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mike D , you gave me my answer. We thought a 5 min walk max especially at nite. It's only 4 dinners & they all have good reviews. Thanks for all the other responses.

User Info Menu

LTU food is very good, and they do serve dinner, but it is on the pricier side for sure.

User Info Menu

Call up Quality at 876-584-9030, he'll have someone pick you up and drop you off. Great food and great prices.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Bumping this thread back to the top. Am thinking of staying at Catcha again this fall.

Have been to Mexico many, many times over the years and one of the things I always loved about Mexico was how many great places there were to eat for cheap. From roadside tacos to cheap restaurants, Mexico is somewhere you can go and eat very well for very little. Last time we stayed at Catcha I found the food to be pretty pricey on and around the Cliffs, thus the bump for any recent ideas.

User Info Menu

Well pricey maybe..although portions are nice & quality is top notch...service outstanding..then there's the atmosphere...WOW & WOW...I think best on the West End...since I stay on the West End I've dined everywhere there & that's my favorite. I dine (dinner) there a least 4/5 times during my 5/6 week stay...went for breakfast for a change. See ya next year Catcha!!!

User Info Menu

Restaurants that are less pricey and located around Catcha...Kool Vybes, Sharks, Seastar, Ras Roddy, Mango Tree. A couple of jerk barrels open up near Ricks when the crowd gets busy around the 4-7pm time frame.

User Info Menu

I had the best pan fried snapper at Sharks a while back. Very reasonable prices.

User Info Menu

Just Natural is prob about 20-30 minute walk from Catcha - if you've never been you should check it out. Really sweet family owns and runs it. Food is delicious, not too expensive, and the environment is awesome. Like nothing you've ever seen before. On the way there you'll pass Murphy's, another restaurant you will be pleased with. Closer to Catcha is Ras Rody (really good roadside Ital) and Sharks. LTU has great food for all meals. They aren't cheap per se but we find their food and service to be worth the $. You could walk toward the beach and hit Sips and Bites on the sea side. Erica's on the garden side. A little further is 3 Dives (I have to admit, they really messed up my chicken this past January- it was bone dry. But I've eaten there a doz + times over the years and that was the first time I was disappointed with the food). Xtabi has very good food and drinks and very nice staff. Have a great time!