Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Price updates

Hey fellow Boardies,

I'm out of the loop on current prices as I've not been back in a few years. What should I expect to pay for a Red Stripe, Dirty banana, bus fare, private transport from Mobay to Negril, jerk chicken, box food?

I think that mainly covers everything. Thanks in advance!!

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Re: Price updates

For private transport check out Andre and his crew at Luxurious Carib Tours. Reasonable rates. Nice rides. Good People.

http://www.luxuriouscaribtoursjamaica.com/

luxuriouscaribtours@gmail.com

User Info Menu

You can check out Linston. His prices are as low as anyone's. His service is excellent.

I highly recommend him. (he's my son)

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Sorry about the US pricing as I see you're from Canada, but just quoting how I pay....
    Red Stripe anywhere from $2 US at Sun Beach or Sunnyside, or as much as $6 at Rick's.
    Dirty Banana you can get 2 for 1 specials at about $6
    Don't take the bus, but taxi to / from the cliff & beach $10. Beach to beach $5
    Route taxi about $1.25-$1.50 US
    You can get a private taxi for $50 from Mobay to Negril. I ask that they make a stop for supplies, then give a decent tip. This is well worth it.
    Jerk Chicken depends on where you get it. Best in the West about $8
    Box lunch $5
    Patties on the beach 2 for $5
    Lobster on the beach $8-$10, or 3-$25
    I may be off slightly, but I'm usually a bit more careless / reckless with my $ on vacation, especially when I have my buzz on.
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 11-29-2017 at 09:14 AM.

User Info Menu

Red Stripe can be found rarely now for 200J ($2US)...currently only at Dru's on the beach or a bucket special at Canoe on the West End. Sunbeach is 300J and Sunnyside is 250J. Most often you'll find the pricing around 300J or 400J at a place like Alfreds.

2 for 1 Dirty Bananas can be found for 600J ($6US) at Yellow Bird and Dru's.

I've attached the 3 Dives menu pricing for chicken etc from their website...so you can get a general idea.

Name:  img-20171109-151547-1400x1219.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  96.8 KB

Average price range for a private cab from Montego Bay to Negril is between $60-80US.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 11-29-2017 at 09:47 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluez View Post
    Hey fellow Boardies,

I'm out of the loop on current prices as I've not been back in a few years. What should I expect to pay for a Red Stripe, Dirty banana, bus fare, private transport from Mobay to Negril, jerk chicken, box food?

Hi Bluez,

It's so nice that you are coming back to Jamaica after being away for so long! We are a new attraction in the Negril area that you could check out while you are here. We think you might be interested in our ATV, zip-line, jeep safari and legal and licensed horseback ride and swim.

Name:  DSC_00461.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2017-11-26 at 9.36.20 AM.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  19.6 KB

For everyone on Negril.com, we are running a special right now which gives you 20% off all of our attractions if you book now through Dec 2. You can book any attraction now but your reservation is good through next year.

Once again Bluez, we are glad to have you coming back to our beautiful island.

- Taniel
    Jamwest

User Info Menu

Things must've just gone up. My quotes were from my last stay in August. I'm sure I was paying $2 at Sunnyside. Maureen actually asked if I realized they were $2, because I kept giving her $3. She didn't realize the extra buck was a tip
    Linston charged me $50 with a stop in Green Island for goodies.
    Inflation sucks! For once I'd like to see something go down for a change.....and not my income or tax deductions!
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 11-29-2017 at 04:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody who responded, I appreciate your updates.

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

The first week of.November we paid $2 at Dru's and also at Arthur's
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluez View Post
    Hey fellow Boardies,

Pretty much can guarantee you'll pay a lot less anywhere in Jamaica than we pay here in Canada, Bluez! They don't do $15 rum & coke that I know of! Relax! It's all good - and a lot warmer than we are here ... what price?