Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the good chefs right now?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Where are the good chefs right now?

LOL! We're not talking no $6 bottles of wine...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Is the Singing Chef still at the Treehouse. Love his lunches.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mjc12771 View Post
    Is the Singing Chef still at the Treehouse. Love his lunches.
    If you mean the chef that runs the jerk chicken pit at Tree house...yup still rockin' it.

I've heard about a sushi chef at Treehouse...anyone had the sushi there yet?
    We've only known of one other "sushi chef" in town and he was up at Boardwalk for a short while...prefer to hear reviews before we attempt sushi in Negril again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    LOL! We're not talking no $6 bottles of wine...
    The homeless can't even find a $6 bottle of wine on Long Island. Besides, I don't want you getting sick on my furniture. The house already comes with a great collection of Tequila, and of course lots of Rum! The Rum goes pretty quick though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    If you mean the chef that runs the jerk chicken pit at Tree house...yup still rockin' it.

I've heard about a sushi chef at Treehouse...anyone had the sushi there yet?
    We've only known of one other "sushi chef" in town and he was up at Boardwalk for a short while...prefer to hear reviews before we attempt sushi in Negril again.
    I've seen a few good reviews from some friends via FB about the sushi there.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Moose,

Lisa and I have both tried it here.... Firsthand knowledge man. No need to rely on reviews on such a "trusted source" as FB...

If someone wants to "review" something, people can review it here. Second, third or fourth hand reviews on sushi can be dangerous...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Moose,

Lisa and I have both tried it here.... Firsthand knowledge man. No need to rely on reviews on such a "trusted source" as FB...

If someone wants to "review" something, people can review it here. Second, third or fourth hand reviews on sushi can be dangerous...

Hi Rob, just trying to answer Lisa's question, she asked if anyone had tried it there yet. I had several friends try it and post glowing reviews on Facebook, sorry you are so against it, but it's a great source of information.

I'll just stop trying now.

Thanks,
    Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Hi Rob, just trying to answer Lisa's question, she asked if anyone had tried it there yet. I had several friends try it and post glowing reviews on Facebook, sorry you are so against it, but it's a great source of information.

I'll just stop trying now.

Thanks,
    Moose
    Moose,

As you mentioned, Lisa asked if anyone had tried it. Lisa doesn't do FB, so she cannot read those reviews because FB won't allow non-members see them. Lisa didn't notice much on TripAdvisor.

That is why she asked here.

User Info Menu

The Wife and I enjoy good sushi. I always thought Negril would be a great place for sushi, with all the fresh fish readily available. (I eat sushi in Philly and how long do you think it takes for the fish to get from the ocean to my plate?) We will definitely try out the sushi at Treehouse and post a review here by early February.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mike_D...I'm a bit sushi fussy and would love to have a good option here rather than waiting until we get into Kingston.
    I should probably just suck it up and try it at Treehouse.