Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the good chefs right now?

User Info Menu

Where are the good chefs right now?

Heading down in a few weeks, last there in January. Always hit some of our favorites like 3 Dives, Ivan's. I know the good chefs can move around. I hear Teddy at Treehouse cooks up some quality stuff. Any other suggestions different from early this year? Would especially like good places on the beach, we're staying at Nirvana and it's always a bonus to be able to walk to dinner and not even bring shoes. We usually end up on the West End for dinner.

User Info Menu

Re: Where are the good chefs right now?

We've been loving the chef from Wine with Me...located on the beach at the Beachcomber Hotel.

Amazing company, great wine & scrumptious food yesterday...

Name:  P_20171128_163957.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  90.8 KB

User Info Menu

Wine with Me is on the streetside of Beachcomber. If you forget your shoes...there's a nice outdoor deck.

User Info Menu

Quality does some awesome meals, great prices too. Plus pickup and dropoff service, just call 876-584-9030

I highly recommend trying the pan fried lionfish at $13 or the Moose Special, mahi mahi in garlic sauce for $17. (Prices are based on what I recall from April and may have changed)

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Any chance at taking a peak at the menu at beachcomber?
    Last edited by Babalew; 12-06-2017 at 10:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Quality does some awesome meals, great prices too. Plus pickup and dropoff service, just call 876-584-9030

I highly recommend trying the pan fried lionfish at $13 or the Moose Special, mahi mahi in garlic sauce for $17. (Prices are based on what I recall from April and may have changed)

~Moose
    Quality Seabreeze is a great spot. Quality makes large portions of freshly cooked seafood and veggies...well prepared and delicious!
    Also want to mention Tensing Pen....we thought the food there was really good.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Three of us went to wine with me 12/8/17. Total rip off ! Bottle of So.African Indaba Chenin Blanc $30.00,($6.00) in the US ,ordered the platter for 3 people,4 pcs. Smoked Marlin (very good) $14.00, 3 small pieces of cheese,$16.00, 3 small pieces
    jerk sausage (just ok),8 pcs of tasteless shrimp $28.00 (should have been 1 order of 4ea) we asked them to adj the bill & they did.
    Total cost $130.00. We actually laughed when we got the bill ! Courtney was the chef,only one table beside ourselves was in the restaurant & they sat 3 of us in a table for 2? Cortney was total high pressure the moment we walked in.I don't expect Wine with me to be around next year if their prices stay where they are and the menu selection is so limited.After 25 yrs. going to Ja. I have never felt so ripped off. We payed the bill and will never return. We also told the chef Cortney we heard there was a great review on Negril .com before the bill came. Oh well---

User Info Menu

Sorry to read your experience was not good, RichieB...but obviously we had a completely opposite experience...friends loved it also...so it goes.
    I think I need to move to the US though...if you can get bottles of wine for $6 in your restaurants.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Sorry to read your experience was not good, RichieB...but obviously we had a completely opposite experience...friends loved it also...so it goes.
    I think I need to move to the US though...if you can get bottles of wine for $6 in your restaurants.
    Hello Lisa thanks for your reply.Same wine in liquor store not restaurant pricing.I realize 3x cost is the norm for restaurant pricing. We were not concerned with the wine price just the food pricing & small portions.
    All the best

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Lisa, What would you say to a house swap at least 6 months of the year? I've got a nice big place on the north shore of Long Island, and I'll even keep you stocked with all the wine you can drink, ��