Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Kayak or Paddle board rental on cliffs?

User Info Menu

Kayak or Paddle board rental on cliffs?

We have always stayed on the beach and are splitting the trip this time with the cliffs....staying at Tensing Pen. I don’t believe the hotel offers any kayak or paddle board rentals and I thought it would be great to explore a bit in such. Any little shops or hotels nearby that might offer these?

User Info Menu

Re: Kayak or Paddle board rental on cliffs?

I would be interested to hear an answer to this post.

Surely one of the many experts here can shed some light on this for us.

User Info Menu

I have never seen one. i am guessing the water is too rough

User Info Menu

Treehouse used to have paddleboards...not sure if they still do. I wish I could give you a solid answer...but every year it seems to change who is offering either kayaks and/or paddleboards. If we see something on the beach this year...we'll post.

User Info Menu

Thank you Bnewb, please do post if you notice any rentals. I thought maybe if we got a calm morning it would be awesome to kayak or paddle board along the cliffs to explore the caves.

User Info Menu

I bought down an inflatable paddle board about 4 years ago and my friend holds on to it while I'm not there. It was a used one I found on ebay. Pretty cheap. The customs people questioned me, but I told them I was bring it back to the state with me after our trip. They let it slide. Now I have a paddle board in Negril anytime I need it...

User Info Menu

I'd think a kayak would do much better however I've never seen one really on the cliffs,I can speak for the currents on the cliffs even on calm days,I could see getting out of your comfort zone quickly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPER View Post
    I'd think a kayak would do much better however I've never seen one really on the cliffs,I can speak for the currents on the cliffs even on calm days,I could see getting out of your comfort zone quickly.
    Launching in even calm waters on the cliffs will be a challenge. I know getting on and off an inflatable raft at times was no joke. All it takes is one good wave to push you against the rock to ruin your day.