Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayfield Falls Trip

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls Trip

Our group of seven that included a seven and nine year old, 4 adults and one grandma made the trip to Mayfield Falls Today. It was a great excursion! Our driver Kingsley James of Take Care Tours picked us up at 8:30 and we made our way toward the falls via Sav la Mar where we stopped for our first snack of the day and potty break. It was really fun to see the market and all the sights of the town. As we wound our way up the hills toward Mayfield Falls, we watched the school children starting their day and the kids loved seeing all the chickens and goats roaming around.

We were greeted by Mr Carver when we reached the falls and we headed downhill to get ready for our trip up the falls. The restrooms and changing facilities were nice and clean and the $5 locker was huge so we stashed all of our stuff in one easily. We brought our own water shoes, but they were also available to rent. We were assigned two guides - Louis and Shawn and they were both amazing and luckily very strong as they had to help the Grandma make her way upward a few times! They were so helpful that I asked them to come back to Wisconsin with us and help me walk on the ice and snow!! I don't think they were serious when they said that a few of those foot holes were carved out especially for me, but they knew exactly where to have us step and there were zero injuries on our trip.

They didn't rush us at all on the trip and we really enjoyed the swimming holes, jumping in at the deep spots and sitting beneath the falls for a natural massage! We were all sorry to see the end of the climb upward through the many small waterfalls, but then the nature walk through the tropical flora and fauna was a nice way t0 get back to the starting point where we enjoyed the water a little more before we headed out to change and enjoy some red stripes and sodas before we headed back to Negril.

Kingsley brought us home through Grange Hill and it was eye opening for the kids to see people picking fruit from trees and chopping sugar cane - at least until they both fell asleep Every single one of us gave this trip 2 thumbs up and the kids wanted to go back tomorrow and do it again! We tipped very generously as these guides were fantastic!

This is our Granddaughter Kinsleigh and our friend Kingsley - they love each other's names!Name:  26828432_10102250676498743_1018599595_o.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  812.3 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Mayfield Falls Trip

Sounds like a good time was had by all!
    Kingsley is a great guy
    PARADISE IS A STATE OF MIND

User Info Menu

That is the sweetest pic...

User Info Menu

Sounds like a fun trip and nice photo!

User Info Menu

Truly one of the best outings close to Negril. FUN!
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

We just got back last Thursday and had planned on either YS Falls or Mayfield Falls but didn't make it (we did do the lunch at Zimbali though). We had Kingsley Take Time Tours pick us up at the airport and return us to the airport but we haven't yet met Kingsley as he had his workers pick us us and return us to the airport. Great immaculately clean air conditioned vans I should add. Do you mind if I ask you your recommendation for tipping the falls guide at Mayfield? We are trying to return mid-April and definitely would like to go to Mayfield Falls. We had also planned on going to Abeokuta but it was New Year's Day when we contacted them and since it was a holiday the driver's they would send cost too much money. We were unable to find a driver on the beach road who knew how to get there.

User Info Menu

Connie and I want to visit these falls on our next visit to Negril. The only falls we have visited were Dunn's river in Ochi.

User Info Menu

Jaherring,

Call Linston for the trip to Mayfield Falls.

Zion Hill is on the way there and back. You can stop and chill on the hill for a bit if you want.

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 01-13-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Sounds great Cap! We would love that!

User Info Menu

We tipped each guide 30 US - that was a little higher than what we had planned, but they were simply amazing!