Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Checking in from C Grape at Firefly.

User Info Menu

Checking in from C Grape at Firefly.

Hit it hard on the flight down. Smooth landing and got through customs in about 15 mins. Kept hammering at club Mobay while waiting for my ride. Had some much needed fuel (tea sandwiches) and grabbed a rum punch for the road.

Linston meets me, all smiles as usual. It’s good to be back!

The ride over is kinda fuzzy, and check in was a blur, but somehow we managed. Crashed hard for a few hours then got ready to head over to the pasta party. Packet pick up was smooth. Ran into some people I’m familiar with from Races in NYC.

AgInst better judgement, o decided to check out bourbon beach. Met some fun people and ended up staying out too late, especially considering I had to be up at 3:45. Ended up getting a little over an hour of sleep. Haha.

10k was fun and well supported. Somehow I made it to the finish and headed straight for some coconut water and red stripe, and of course a dip in the sea. Hung out for a little who le then started the walk back...Name:  7085754A-D32E-49FA-8C41-FC562F75F3F1.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  19.5 KB
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-04-2017 at 03:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Checking in from C Grape at Firefly.

Beef patty, bun and cheese, lots of wata and then nap time.

Walked the beach, stops at sunbeach, tonys hut, wayvz and Woodstock. Had a light dinner of cream of pumpkin soup at sunbeach with hot sauce Attachment 50007

Checked in at bourbon then hit jungle which was kinda dead. Hung for a while then grabbed a cup of oral red bean soup on the way home.

Sunday I checked out the fish fry at Dru’s. Saw Rob and Lisa (hi guys!) and had some roadside fish.

Lenbert picked me up around 2:45 for the pub crawl. As always, it was a great time.. We made a few new stops and some of the usual. P

One of the coolest new places was Wild Coffee. Looks like it’s gonna be a real special place once up and running. Definitely go check it out. The bus was rocking as we wrapped up the evening. It always seems to end about 30 mins too early

User Info Menu

And of course the sunsets had some good onesAttachment 50009Attachment 50010Attachment 50010

User Info Menu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Good stuff, Mikey! Glad to see you ran the marathon again, this year.

User Info Menu

That first day though. You try to sleep the night before but it's useless. You toss and turn and even though you set two alarms because you're terrified you will sleep through the first one, you wake up before either one goes off. U quick shower, double triple check your stuff, pace the lobby when the van is full waiting for that one straggler who's flying to Denver and not thrilled about it.

You don't start to relax until you're through customs, you board, sit and that's when the truth hits home "next stop Jamaica"!! You tell yourself "get a little sleep" you open your book and read the same chapter 4 or 5 times before you put it away and shake your head thinking "why do I kid myself". The drink cart comes around and you have a couple few several because dammit, you're on vacation!

You are even a little excited about filling out your customs form, you're getting closer. You try not to act like a kid looking out the window as the plane readies itself to land and as you look at this beautiful place like it's the first time you have ever seen it, because it does feel that way doesn't it? So beautiful.

Now you're off the plane through customs and heading out the door and it hits you. You close your eyes and smell the jungle, the Blue Mahoe Hibiscus, Palmetto, Orchids, then there is chicken and ganja. After leaving the land of the ice and snow it's almost overwhelming.

Your ride packs you up and thank god he remembers the red stripe on ice (he'll be getting a good tip again). You stop at Bigga's, some rum punch, a little chicken, some rum punch, and then your off again with a rum punch traveler. Some excited chatter and boom you're in Negril!! You check in, hit the beach and tell yourself you're going to take it easy, call it an early night.

Then your taking a swim, clear warm water, sand like velvet on your feet, salt on your tongue, and you realize your warm, really warm, for the first time in months. As you walk from the sea you take a seat at the bar, any bar. You get a drink and realize something else, you're not even close to ready for bed. So you'll be a little rough around the edges for the 1st few minutes in the morning until you have some eggs and a little too much rum cream in your coffee.

But really, why go to bed? It's only been 20 or so hours and truth be told, right now your the very best version of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    Hit it hard on the flight down. Smooth landing and got through customs in about 15 mins. Kept hammering at club Mobay while waiting for my ride. Had some much needed fuel (tea sandwiches) and grabbed a rum punch for the road.

Linston meets me, all smiles as usual. It’s good to be back!

The ride over is kinda fuzzy, and check in was a blur, but somehow we managed. Crashed hard for a few hours then got ready to head over to the pasta party. Packet pick up was smooth. Ran into some people I’m familiar with from Races in NYC.

AgInst better judgement, o decided to check out bourbon beach. Met some fun people and ended up staying out too late, especially considering I had to be up at 3:45. Ended up getting a little over an hour of sleep. Haha.

10k was fun and well supported. Somehow I made it to the finish and headed straight for some coconut water and red stripe, and of course a dip in the sea. Hung out for a little who le then started the walk back...Name:  7085754A-D32E-49FA-8C41-FC562F75F3F1.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  19.5 KB
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Party on MikeyNYC.

P.S.
    That sounds familiar Irine.

User Info Menu

Nailed it here Irine!!!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Took a nap then bounced back fo Ken Boothe. So glad I did. Unfortunately the event wasn’t well attended, but it was still a great show. I Name:  761122B5-88E1-4951-A858-E3D33AC45A2B.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  10.9 KB The Jamaican Tom Jones!

Hung outside for a bit to watch the world go by, hit bourbon for a closing drink then caught a red plate home.