Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Lavish verification

User Info Menu

Chicken Lavish verification

I was checking out the menu on realnegril.com and seeing prices in US$ and JA$ does not make sense. A cup of coffee was 1$ US or 80 JA$.Is this backwords? or are they really giving a bad exchange if you pay in US$

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Chicken Lavish verification

That is a very old menu...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob Makes sense Any idea if there is a current Menu available as we are bringing guests to negril for a night

User Info Menu

I wouldn't worry too much about exchange rates et al at Chicken Lavish. We went there last Feb. with 5 people and drinks (lots of drinks). When I got the bill for the 5 of us, I went to the back to verify that she hadn't MISSED somethings because the bill for dinner for 5 (with drinks) was ridiculously low! Under USDS60.00. Talk to them when you get there. Their prices are fair and reasonable. Not sure where you come from .... but I can hardly do dinner for 2 with no drinks here at home for what dinner for 5 WITH drinks cost at Chicken Lavish. Great place. Enjoy your meal!
    Last edited by M&G Montreal; 12-05-2017 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Typo boo-boos!

User Info Menu

We went here twice, the food was so good. I had the chicken curry, yum. We paid in Jamaican, but it was very reasonable.

User Info Menu

Chicken Lavish is the best. Always the first and last dinner of the trip. Nothing like a big, hot bowl of conch soup to help you get through the ills of a long day of travel on arrival day (when we've been drinking wayyyyyy too much!!). Curry Goat is very good, as is the fried chicken. Melo orders the Sweet and Sour Chicken, loves it. They raise their own chickens in Sav. It's a Negril institution!!!! Always surprised at how low the prices are.

User Info Menu

My post here was deleted, and it was just factual information. I guess if an establishment isn't presented in the best light, that's what happens here (I did say I loved the fried chicken, some of the best I've ever had.)

If you're going to delete comments, you could at least explain why instead of just making things disappear as if they were never there.

Administrator

User Info Menu

HarryS,

Our moderators have informed me of your complaints. The guidelines for posting explain what is allowed and not allowed, we are not obligated to explain why your particular post was removed. Going against our own guidelines, I have restored your complaining post as an example for others.

You claim your removed post was "just factual information". The first paragraph is a fact that "I'm a big fan of the food at chicken lavish. Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had." It is a fact that this is your opinion.

The next line is not a fact. It borders on libel and is wrong. "
    But math is not their strong point, as evidenced by the conversion rate here"... The website the OP mentioned has a copyright date of 2009. The exchange rate back in 2009 was 85 to 1, making their pricing perfectly fair and proper. Math is one of their strong points. You cannot operate any business for decades without having a good understanding of math.

The remainder of your post I cannot quote as it is pure libel. This is not your personal FB page where you can disparage members of your family and then make an extremely subjective comparison to someone you have spent a very limited number of hours talking to. There is no way you can call this a fact. It was purely subjective speculation at best.

Many businesses have been mentioned here not "in the best light", but posting libelous speculation and claiming it is a fact will never be allowed on Negril.com.

There are many places on the Internet that thrive on this kind of libel and speculation to build up their visitor count regardless of who they hurt in the process. Negril.com will always be based on useful, beneficial and factual information to assist our visitors to have the best vacation possible.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We just ate there on Friday Excellent food service and Value. Exchange rates were in line (We only use JA$)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    HarryS,

Our moderators have informed me of your complaints. The guidelines for posting explain what is allowed and not allowed, we are not obligated to explain why your particular post was removed. Going against our own guidelines, I have restored your complaining post as an example for others.

You claim your removed post was "just factual information". The first paragraph is a fact that "I'm a big fan of the food at chicken lavish. Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had." It is a fact that this is your opinion.

The next line is not a fact. It borders on libel and is wrong. "
    But math is not their strong point, as evidenced by the conversion rate here"... The website the OP mentioned has a copyright date of 2009. The exchange rate back in 2009 was 85 to 1, making their pricing perfectly fair and proper. Math is one of their strong points. You cannot operate any business for decades without having a good understanding of math.

The remainder of your post I cannot quote as it is pure libel. This is not your personal FB page where you can disparage members of your family and then make an extremely subjective comparison to someone you have spent a very limited number of hours talking to. There is no way you can call this a fact. It was purely subjective speculation at best.

Many businesses have been mentioned here not "in the best light", but posting libelous speculation and claiming it is a fact will never be allowed on Negril.com.

There are many places on the Internet that thrive on this kind of libel and speculation to build up their visitor count regardless of who they hurt in the process. Negril.com will always be based on useful, beneficial and factual information to assist our visitors to have the best vacation possible.
    Rob,

When on three different occasions, he has joined my wife and I at the table and proceeded to talk our ears off about the Jamaican lottery, then yes - it's a fact. When it also is mentioned in reviews outside this forum, I see that I'm not the only one who has had this experience. If I'm talking about an actual interaction that I've had with him on 3 occasions, it is not in any way libel. What you just did, essentially calling me a liar, is libelous? (or is it slander?)

The menu when we last ate at chicken lavish (in 2014) was definitely odd when it came to the exchange rates, and a quick google search shows menus that will quickly show this fact. Anyone who can do math can see that whoever makes the menus at Chicken Lavish isn't using a precise specific exchange rate. I mean, a banana daquiri is 350 JA or $4 US. A banana shake is 300 JA or the same $4 US. They use different exchange rates based on the item being served? Regardless of the year the menu was printed, that's been the case here for years (and its not just daquiris or bananas, the exchange rate is all over the map. Get your calculators out. It's easy to see it's a fact.)