Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Landing without room reservations

User Info Menu

Landing without room reservations

I'm looking to grab a last minute flight thursday and was just going to head to Negril and see what kind of room I can grab. If I don't have room reservations set getting off the plane will immigration still allow me pass? It's just a quick 6 day solo trip and I want to room shop for a deal when I get there. Kind of wing it....or is this a bad idea?? Any and all suggestions appreciated!

User Info Menu

Re: Landing without room reservations

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'm looking to grab a last minute flight thursday and was just going to head to Negril and see what kind of room I can grab. If I don't have room reservations set getting off the plane will immigration still allow me pass? It's just a quick 6 day solo trip and I want to room shop for a deal when I get there. Kind of wing it....or is this a bad idea?? Any and all suggestions appreciated!
    Immigration does not care if you have a room. They CAN ask to see your return flight information to verify that you have the means to leave within 90 days. They can also ask if you have enough money to support yourself

If they ask your destination in writing or verbally make some **** up, "i'm with the band".

Room shopping for a deal when you arrive? My friends have had succe$$ walking into the Rayon at the last minute.

User Info Menu

Thanks mofo...it's exactly what I was looking for! I've been to Negril a number of times but always with reservations. Hoping I'm down there in a couple of days! I'll give Rayon a try....I'm really hoping to get a beach or beach road room for $40-50 range after taxes!

User Info Menu

We know people that have had to prove their hotel reservation...including me, quite a few years ago. Maybe they've changed their rules in the last couple of years?
    You're still required to put your hotel information on the immigration form.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    We know people that have had to prove their hotel reservation...including me, quite a few years ago. Maybe they've changed their rules in the last couple of years?
    You're still required to put your hotel information on the immigration form.
    I have written "Negril" as the destination for more than 20 years.

A few years ago an immigration officer asked to see my return flight information and filled out my visa for my trip plus one day, not the typical 90 days. I found that odd.

Just to be safe one could print up a phony hotel confirmation letter.

User Info Menu

Lisa I've heard that too in the past, that's why I'm asking! Does immigration make you get on a plane back out of the country if you don't have room reservations in those instances or what?? Anyone on here run into a situation where immigration wanted to see your room reservations and you didn't have any??

User Info Menu

I use:

Lot 65, Spring Garden, Ketto PA, Westmoreland

I've shown a property tax receipt on occasion when the immigration officer didn't quite understand .

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 12-05-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

On more than one occasion, the immigration officer has asked where we were staying and the address. My response is usually something like, "uh, Home Sweet Home, West End Rd, Negril?". I have feeling if you don't say "Sandals", they have no idea what you are talking about.

But yeah, they never ask for proof so if they ask where you are staying, just make something up.

User Info Menu

I've had good lucky during the busy season at Golden Sunset - the non air conditioned rooms in the back are reasonable. And I would just make up the name of a hotel to put on your immigration form, isn't there a spot for that on the form?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Lisa I've heard that too in the past, that's why I'm asking! Does immigration make you get on a plane back out of the country if you don't have room reservations in those instances or what?? Anyone on here run into a situation where immigration wanted to see your room reservations and you didn't have any??
    Butch...I definitely know you may need proof for your flight and/or hotel reservation. Many tourists have zero issues...but I've heard this argument before over proving a return flight...everything is fine until it actually happens to you.
    I don't have an answer about what they would do if you can't prove your hotel reservation...but a good friend of ours was able to buy a return flight ticket when he couldn't prove his outbound flight reservation.