Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Just booked -Gluten Free Question

User Info Menu

Just booked -Gluten Free Question

We were not going to Negril this year but .... just booked.

My significant other is gluten intolerant. Nothing serious but she tries to avoid gluten. Her cold drink of choice is a hard cider (preferably apple). Does anyone know if cider is available in any of the grocery stores. If so we will stock our room fridge. What about any bars? We are beach dwellers but wander the cliffs frequently. A bar with cold cider would be an added incentive to try it out.

User Info Menu

Re: Just booked -Gluten Free Question

Hopefully she likes liquor. Not aware of any gluten free beer. I drink cider beer myself, but have not seen anywhere that offers that in Jamaica. Purple Rain drink is my favorite..she will like that!

User Info Menu

I can't recall seeing hard cider in Negril...sometimes we get unusual (for Jamaica) stock here, but so far haven't noticed cider.

User Info Menu

Thanks;

We may try the Megamart in Mobay on the way through. If no cider we can stock up on white wine for spritzers.

User Info Menu

Cold...Mega Mart would be the best place to stop...we've found items there that other grocery stores never stock...they may even have a hard cider shipment that week.

User Info Menu

Check out Fontanas across from progressive grocery store in Mo Bay I do believe that I have seen it their in the past

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lkurth View Post
    Hopefully she likes liquor. Not aware of any gluten free beer. I drink cider beer myself, but have not seen anywhere that offers that in Jamaica. Purple Rain drink is my favorite..she will like that!
    Purple Rain from Rockhouse is the best!

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.