Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Churches near Negril

User Info Menu

Churches near Negril

A few of mi friends in the three sheets crew have asked about church services in Negril. A little googling turned up Mary Gate of Heaven Catholic Church, New Testament Church of God, Palm Grove Church of God, and The Negril Seventh Day Adventist Church. Have any of you 'boardies' visited any of these churches?

User Info Menu

Re: Churches near Negril

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    A few of mi friends in the three sheets crew have asked about church services in Negril. A little googling turned up Mary Gate of Heaven Catholic Church, New Testament Church of God, Palm Grove Church of God, and The Negril Seventh Day Adventist Church. Have any of you 'boardies' visited any of these churches?
    Miss Izel is an Adventist and I been to the church in Sheffield several times. Also went to "harvest" at New Testament Church of God.

Going to church in Jamaica is really a great experience. You hear some really fantastic singing, preaching, whitnessing and great preaching

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Mary Gate of Heaven is very nice and located on the beach road almost centrally located across the road from the beach. Easy walking if you stay on the beach.

As Cap says "going to church in Jamaica is really a great experience" no matter which one you choose. If you are ever lucky enough to be in Negril on Easter that is a wonderful day!!

johng

User Info Menu

Thank you for the information. I will certainly join mi friends for the experience. I typically do not have my "Sunday go to meetin' clothes" when I travel. Heck last few trips to Negril I was able to fit everything in needed for a week into a knapsack. Are dress clothes necessary?

User Info Menu

As a visitor your short, shirt and no bare feet dress will be OK but if you want to show respect (not the beach "respect" fist bump kind) long pants and a nice shirt will be noticed.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I go to the "Family on the rock church" down the Negril Tree house lane. It is very good. Minister Earl. Services are at 10:30. Check it out.

User Info Menu

We attended Mary Gate of Heaven for Ash Wednesday service a couple of years ago and it was a great experience. It would not have been Negril without the sounds of the roosters crowing and crotch rockets flying down beach road accompanying the music 🐓.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    I go to the "Family on the rock church" down the Negril Tree house lane. It is very good. Minister Earl. Services are at 10:30. Check it out.
    We have been there also. We enjoy the singing preaching and the wonderful people.

User Info Menu

Last year I attended the teeny-tiny Church of Christ between Negril all age school and Kerlew Hardware. It is in a board building set back from the road, with a sign out front. Bible study 10am, Worship 11am.

User Info Menu

Correction....it is called Family church on the rock. I'm bad. Forgive me.