Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Not Able to View One Love Drive Pub Crawl Webcast :(

User Info Menu

Not Able to View One Love Drive Pub Crawl Webcast :(

Neither my computer or my co-workers are able to view the webcast. Is anyone else having trouble?

User Info Menu

No email or post stating that it has started yet.
    It doesn't start till 3PM Jamaica time which is the same as Central Daylight Time.
    Last edited by Ras Walleye; 11-02-2011 at 02:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Smile

Take 3pm JA time add 5 hrs for GMT then add 1 more for CET divide by number of Red stripe drunk and you get a start time of 9pm

User Info Menu

Thanks airportworker...got it!!!!

Thanks Ras Walleye, thought they were the same as EST. That explains why and much easier to calculate than airportworker's formula

User Info Menu

I think it is the same as EST.

EST = CDT = what time is in Jamaica. After the east coast shifts back to standard time from daylight savings time this weekend the east coast clocks will match those in Jamaica. Jamaica is way to smart to be involved in this daylight savings time foolishness.

User Info Menu

On 11/3 the bus broke down about 4:45. Everyone retreated to
    Canoe, but the webcast ended.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    I think it is the same as EST.
    EST = CDT = what time is in Jamaica. After the east coast shifts back to standard time from daylight savings time this weekend the east coast clocks will match those in Jamaica. Jamaica is way to smart to be involved in this daylight savings time foolishness.
    Back when the Jamaica went to DST just like here it took a week for everybody to adjust. The ice truck, the milk truck, the oranges truck all ran based on dawn and not the time on some clock.

Also back then the first cheap plastic watches were being given to Jamaicans by tourists and when they had to be reset I used to reset them for lots of people in the district.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave