Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a suggestion for a special night out for dinner

User Info Menu

Need a suggestion for a special night out for dinner

After arriving in early October, I have been recuperating most of the time in Negril from the flu and some leg problems. I now have a personal care giver-friend and a couple of Canadian friends where I have been staying that I want to thank with a night out dinner. I don't know that much about Negril restaurants as I mostly have a Rastafarian friend do all my cooking but this night I want a good meal at a reasonable price. I know I could search past threads but please help me out with some suggestions, okay?

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: Need a suggestion for a special night out for dinner

Swordfish Grill
    Kuyaba
    Ivan's
    Ltu Pub
    Ciao Jamaica
    Hungry Lion

User Info Menu

Also Montana's is very good.

User Info Menu

Tensing Pen has had the best meals in nicest setting my last few trips. Priced about same as Ivans which is on the high end for what we've seen.

User Info Menu

Acc...sorry to hear you've been ill.
    Hungry Lion has been closed for some time now.
    Swordfish would be wonderful, but not on a day of high seas as you may not want to climb their flight of stairs with leg problems. They offer main floor dining when seas are calm.
    Tensing Pen, Idle Awhile, Wine with Me are all quite lovely...maybe on the pricier side.

User Info Menu

Sorry you are not well … speedy recovery. My friends just hosted a little bday dinner at Ivans. I just can't say enough of how reasonable and how they made it special. I have lots of suggestions, but I just think they had that little bit of magic for all.

User Info Menu

Zimbali is a great place! They will pick up and drop off all included in the price.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    Zimbali is a great place! They will pick up and drop off all included in the price.
    Not exactly, when we went they were charging $15pp for RT transportation, with a larger group you'd be better off arranging a ride on your own.

User Info Menu

You're right saeydoc. I guess I just incorporated everything into the price, but it was well worth it. We had a group of 8 and picked up a few others along the way! Our driver was a great tour guide And very informative. I would highly recommend Zimbali.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Acc...sorry to hear you've been ill.
    Hungry Lion has been closed for some time now.
    Swordfish would be wonderful, but not on a day of high seas as you may not want to climb their flight of stairs with leg problems. They offer main floor dining when seas are calm.
    Tensing Pen, Idle Awhile, Wine with Me are all quite lovely...maybe on the pricier side.
    Thanks Lisa. Actually, right now I feel better than I have in a couple of years. Must be all that tender-lovin' nursing! This is why I want to take my support team out to eat and not all eat an Ital diet. I am taking my Rasta friend and cook along and Ivans said he could bring in his own Ital food to be with us. I made reservations at Ivan's and the weather on the day picked looks like only a slight chance of rain.

I don't think Ivan's menu looks that pricy. @ $2300 for a chicken dish and $3500 for a lobster dish sounds in line considering the location of the dinner table.

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. P.S. Zimbali is way out of my price range.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.