Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril to Treasure Beach via route taxi

User Info Menu

Negril to Treasure Beach via route taxi

Does anybody have any tips? Places to stop, eat, drink along the way? I would be in no rush and would likely take route taxi back to Negril as well.

Looks like this is the route?

Route Taxi Negril to Savanna- la-Mar.

At Savanna-la-Mar, there looks like two options to get to Treasure Beach.

Route Taxi to Whitehouse to Black River to Treasure Beach

or Mini Bus to Black River to Treasure Beach. .
    Peace & Love

User Info Menu

Re: Negril to Treasure Beach via route taxi

Belmont and Bluefields are definitely worth checking out. Peter Tosh is buried in Belmont, costs @ $10 US for a tour of the grounds. Not for everyone, but pretty cool if you're a music lover. There's a small bar out front to have a beer and watch the ocean across the street.

User Info Menu

I think you can also go: Black River to Junction...then Junction to Treasure Beach, which may be a bit out of the way, but maybe more rides. I remember waiting in Black River for an hour getting a mini to TB.

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

How long is ride from Treasure Beach to Negril. Bing maps says 1.5 hours, but some discussion posts say 2.5 hours.

User Info Menu

Negril to Belmont took over an hour, so I'm sure it's closer to 2.5 hrs to TB.

User Info Menu

TennesseeJed, You are right it is closer to 2.5 hours but it is a beautiful ride!

User Info Menu

I can't wait to see for myself!! I'm looking forward to the ride through the interior from the airport as well. One week from tomorrow I'll be in TB!

User Info Menu

We have done the trip in route taxis a couple of times. 3.25 hours, 3 hours and once in less than 2.5 hours when we hopped right from one route taxi to the next all the way back to our hotel in Negril.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

I noticed Knutsford has an 8am bus from Negril to Luana for JMD 2,150. Does anybody know if I can catch a route taxi(s) from Luana to Treasure Beach? Perhaps even a charter taxi from Luana if the price is right. Would like to keep the travel cost down but I may buck up for a charter taxi for the final stretch.
    Peace & Love

User Info Menu

We did not see any route taxi's but the restaurant in Luana got us a ride to TB. I can't for the life of me understand why Knutsford (Nice busses, employees and service btw) chose Luana instead of Black River.