Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip report I’ll add to as I remember things

User Info Menu

Trip report I’ll add to as I remember things

Had dinner at Quality Sea Breeze last Monday. Nice to see some full tables. My girl and I each got the “Moose Special” - mine fried and hers grilled with extra garlic sauce. Rice and peas and french fries. Delish as usual. As always, Quality, Fay and Kenisha took great care of us. Tru Jamaican hospitality.

Bottle that sauce cause I wanna drink it like a smoothie!

User Info Menu

Re: Trip report I’ll add to as I remember things

Aw man,
    I forgot about Quality last trip,

Thanks for the reminder.

User Info Menu

Mikey's got a girlfriend !! I bet it was great, hope you made it on the Yamon Red Stripe cruise.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Mikey's got a girlfriend !! I bet it was great,
    Lmao Jojo... I had the same reaction!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Lmao Jojo... I had the same reaction!
    haha. you guys are funny Sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce you and Rob but I didn't want to jam you up by trying to make plans. I know you're probably busy enough.

I gave her the run down of what to do and not to do with the higglers and hustlers before we left and she handled herself like an old pro. no bracelets or pre-rolled subs were forced on her.

Didn't make it on yamon. Next time. always "next time"
    Missed out on Dean and jerk pork too. bummer.

Other things we missed that I wanted her to see: Ricks (shes a first timer) and snorkeling (called Vincent but he already had 12 people booked on the morning we wanted to go. Good for him. Considered making some more calls but decided to make it a sand gravity day) , Jus Natrual, Booby Cay. Didn't even get to take a proper beach crawl...we only made it to sunbeach from TH. That's okay. "Next time."

We did make it on the pub crawl which was great. As well as Pelican bar and YS falls.
    Spent a couple hours at YS and did the hike up the falls, rope swing and jump from the lower falls. Took care of our guide and sent him off and did some poking around by ourselves. Couple red stripe and pattys from the tiny bodega on site.

Spent about 3.5 hours at Pelican. I like to hang out there. I don't understand the people that come all that way and stay for 20 mins, then catch the next boat back. Lookie lous that just don't get it.
    As the afternoon rolled on, a boat of about ten people showed up with a very tall female that was taking pics of them all. My girl says to me, "i know her; i know her face from somewhere." Then after a few minutes she says, she used to be a super model and pulls up pics on her phone. Sure enough, it was Lily Cole. I made a joke and said "of course super models hang out at the places I do in Jamaica." She played it cool and pretended she didn't know who it was, as to not make anyone uncomfortable. After their photo shoot was done we all chatted and joked about random things and stayed for an amazing sunset then went our separate ways.

We got absolutely destroyed by mosquitoes once we got back to the beach. Glad I always pack bug spray. Linston and the guys at the bar in Parotee got a real kick out of us running around swatting at the bugs. She went running into the bathroom in almost a sheer panic. It was quite the sight. They also got a kick of me doing shots of overproof. The bartender didn't quite understand what I was asking for when I first ordered. I usually don't drink like that when I'm walking the beach or cliffs because I want to stay somewhat level headed, but I knew I was in good company so I let it rip.

Needless to say, Linston took good care of us.

I can honestly say she "got it" and cant wait to go back.
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-11-2017 at 05:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey MikeyNYC......A "Moose special" is?????

User Info Menu

Ha - we were at Quality's on Monday.

User Info Menu

MikeyNYC....your trip report is crazy personal and absolutely beautiful.
    I am so glad your girlfriend "gets it"...and Rob and I will be truly honoured when we get the opportunity to meet her. Love to you both!

User Info Menu

Did you stop and try the soup at the little place on the side of the road halfway back to Negril?
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Hey MikeyNYC......A "Moose special" is?????
    Mahi with garlic sauce. Everyone knows that!