Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does Kool Vybez compare to De Bar?

User Info Menu

How does Kool Vybez compare to De Bar?

Now that De Bar has closed, it looks as if I need to check out Kool Vybez. That was my favorite place for jerk chicken. Also, where is Tony's located now? He's my second fave.

User Info Menu

Re: How does Kool Vybez compare to De Bar?

Quote Originally Posted by heater View Post
    Now that De Bar has closed, it looks as if I need to check out Kool Vybez. That was my favorite place for jerk chicken. Also, where is Tony's located now? He's my second fave.
    When I went to Kool Vybes in July, Trevor prepared and served my jerk chicken. It was every bit as good as the chicken he used to prepare at De Bar. My wife also enjoyed her curry shrimp very much. On another social media site I got slapped on the wrist for saying that Kool Vybes filled the void left by De Bar's closing. The response I received was that nobody can replace Eddie's De Bar. Although that may be true, I found the vibe at Kool Vybes to be, well, cool.

I am also curious to know where Tony is located now. I used to love his location next to No Limit. Since we stay on the West End, it was nice not having to go to the Beach Rd to find a jerk barrel.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your input! The last I had heard Tony had relocated on Norman Manley??

User Info Menu

De Bar had a late night vibe that isn't really found anywhere else other than maybe a place like Miyard...but considering that Miguel the owner of Kool Vybes and his Father Trevor worked and ran De Bar for awhile...the food of course, is going to be the same deliciousness!

Heater, good question about Tony...he bounced around between Bar Negril and No Limit last year...but haven't noticed where he's located at the moment. I'll pay attention now.

User Info Menu

We plan on trying Kool Vybes either Saturday or sometime next week or both!!!

User Info Menu

We are soooo sad that De Bar closed. We are staying at Coral Seas cliff Hotel in March. Our 3rd year in a row & loved the vibe across the street. Has anything opened up in the old bar or is it torn down??? It was so nice to just walk across the street for food, red strip, the music & the people.

One love

Administrator

User Info Menu

The owner of the property was going to open something there, but nothing yet...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Where is Cool Vybez located? For me De Bar had the BEST jerk chicken, and will definitely try Cool Vybez on our April trip!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    Where is Cool Vybez located? For me De Bar had the BEST jerk chicken, and will definitely try Cool Vybez on our April trip!
    Kool Vybes is across from Tensing Pen

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    De Bar had a late night vibe that isn't really found anywhere else other than maybe a place like Miyard...but considering that Miguel the owner of Kool Vybes and his Father Trevor worked and ran De Bar for awhile...the food of course, is going to be the same deliciousness!

Heater, good question about Tony...he bounced around between Bar Negril and No Limit last year...but haven't noticed where he's located at the moment. I'll pay attention now.
    I was a big fan of the late night vibe as well. Curious, how about the space behind the building? When Aubie had it, there was an open space behind the building, where the bathrooms are located. Is this space being used? If so, are they running a fire like they did at Debar.