Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moms and Dads traveling with toddler 1 week vac, Negril or Montego Bay?

User Info Menu

Moms and Dads traveling with toddler 1 week vac, Negril or Montego Bay?

Hi Boardies I've vacationed in Negril on the Cliffs a few years back, we rented a scooter and had a great time just my wife and I. We have never vacationed in Montego Bay.

Now we have a 1 1/2 year old toddler and would like to return to Jamaica for a weeks vacation.
    I thought that MBJ would be so much easier on us because its closer to the airport and there are a lot of all-inclusive resorts. The problem with an all inclusive resort is room size, we would have to sleep right next to the crib and I know I'm not going to bed at 7:30pm!

So now we decided to start looking for Condos in MBJ, not far from the beach so we can Taxi it back and forth each day. Then as I was reading some Threads In this Forum I read that Montego Bay is not at all like Negril... The people and attitudes are way different? So then I thought whats the big deal 45min taxi to Negril to have a little peace. I don't know maybe Montego Bay is a great vacation town?

In your Motherly/Fatherly opinion what would be a better family vacation Negril! or give MBJ a try?
    p.s I was thinking if Negril is the destination then we may try "Travellers Beach Resort" or "Negril Palms"

thanks a lot
    "How we do this moment is probably how we will be doing the next" RR

User Info Menu

Re: Moms and Dads traveling with toddler 1 week vac, Negril or Montego Bay?

I went with my 1 year old girl to coco la palm and stayed right on the beach in the beachfront room. We used the pool and the beach. Pool is right next to the room and beach is steps away. You can't beat the gentle slope of the beach in Negril for lil babies,although water will be a little rougher in the winter months.get one of those nice floaters for the baby and that will be perfect.

User Info Menu

We brought our son right around the same age, we stayed at legends and went with the all inclusive option(so many options for AI at so many various locations I would probably look around at a different hotel) because we knew we would be around the hotel more than on previous trips(think take advantage of the free drinks by the pool while the little one naps and you have a monitor with you). So many people were so great with him and by the end of the trip I think he had made more friends than we did! The big open beach was great for playing and it felt safe for him. If you have any other questions ask away!
    Last edited by mmoffat1980; 12-20-2017 at 08:06 AM.

User Info Menu

point Village is ideal for children. Very secure, no beach salesmen, no drifting smoke etc. The entire complex is very quiet at night. Other than other boardy recommendations have you checked out VRBO?
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Hands down - Negril over MoBay
    My now 18 year old has been going since he was a year old
    the beach in Negril is far more child friendly

User Info Menu

We have brought our daughter many times to Idle Awhile on the beach. I would get a room where you are as close to the beach as possible. It's a lot more convenient, especially for naps and snacks, etc.

User Info Menu

'get a condo in MoBay '' Please nix this idea, not a lot of positive '' happenings'' in MoBay these days. Indeed get a nice little place right on Negri beach, preferably a place like CoCo La Palm, or even where you mentioned Negril Palms , or White Sands. they have an apartment that would be ideal for you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Stoopid View Post
    My now 18 year old has been going since he was a year old
    Awesome! I hope to be able to say this one day.

User Info Menu

We took my daughter to Negril when she was 9 months old and it was the best decision we could have made. The local were extremely accommodating and we even took her to dinner at Ivans where our waitress gave her a tour of the bar and kitchen.
    Don't worry about the drive, our driver was very accommodating and even stopped in Lucea for us so we could all have lunch. We are going back with her in May (she will be 2 1/2 this trip)

User Info Menu

When I hear people say they went to Jamaica I ask where in Jamaica..when they tell me Montego Bay I tell them you really didn't experience the real Jamaica opposed to Negril...not even close...this coming January will be my 25th year visiting Negril & always can't get out of MoBay fast enough after clearing immigration...in fact I take a little Cessna to get to Negril faster..12 mins. MoBay to Negril to be exact..there are plenty of AI's in Negril to go around as you here from others on e this board & CoCo La Palm is certainly a good choice.