Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril lighthouse

User Info Menu

Negril lighthouse

anyone know what the plans are for the lighthouse or whats going on? was back in Negril last feb. after a long hiatus raising kids.
    It was always a favorite to hang out meet people let the kids play swim etc. was told there is a man looking after the property and that he might let me in. but i didnt see him. I used to just drive in but those days are over i guess
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Info Menu

Re: Negril lighthouse

We got lucky two years ago.. we went there and the key master was on the property, and gave us a full tour. It was amazing! There was no charge for this, but gave him a good tip.

User Info Menu

We've been lucky enough to get the full tour and climb to the top a couple of times. Always a must stop on our yearly trek. The railing is the thing that always gives me a little worried tingle in my legs.Name:  2009 Jamaica, Chris Visit home, Lake Harriet 039.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  92.5 KB

User Info Menu

I know that it isn't always open for visits, but is it a working lighthouse at all? I don't recall ever seeing it on? I love to look at the lights circling on lighthouses .... I guess it's just the structure now?