Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: New Years Eve Negril- Where are the the best spots to celebrate?

User Info Menu

New Years Eve Negril- Where are the the best spots to celebrate?

Coming to Negril tomorrow. Where are the best spots to celebrate New Years Eve? I've seen The Caves party...but probably want to stay on 7 Mile beach.....suggestions??

User Info Menu

Re: New Years Eve Negril- Where are the the best spots to celebrate?

Hi, Alfred's is the place to be on New Years eve. They are the ones that light off fireworks, and there having a bash with some good entertainment ...Have fun !!!!! Watch out for Rudys rum punch !!!

User Info Menu

Depends on what kind of event/scenario you're looking for...
    Alfreds has always been wonderfully generous bringing in the fireworks...
    many hotels offer New Year's packages...food, music, champagne etc at midnight...
    Travellers Resort offers a lovely rooftop evening...
    bar hopping down the beach or up the West End can be a blast....
    Downtown Negril is crazy busy with a more local vibe...

User Info Menu

Bnewb: Thanks for your reply! We're down by CoCo and are looking for live music- do you know if Alfreds has a VIP area? Is there a hotel party you can recommend? Can't wait to get out of New York City in the morning- it's 18 degrees here.....need sunshine!!

User Info Menu

Hi!

Travellers Beach Resort will be having a lounge area on the rooftop you could probably reserve a section. There will be a live dj and dinner buffet on the pool deck. The rooftop is a great location to see all the fireworks in Negril. I've been to the NYE party 2 years in a row and we've seen the fireworks from Alfreds and another place further up the beach then you can turn around to the cliffs. One year I saw sky lanterns being released from the cliffs shortly after watching the fireworks on the beach.

Safe journey in, it's nice and warm here in Negril!

Peace and Love

User Info Menu

I was there in 2007 - 2008 and Alfred's was definitely the place to be then. It was absolute grid lock on the streets. Foot traffic was quite a bit faster than cars. Many local families out. It was a great evening on the beach!