Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Beach?

User Info Menu

"we" were planning to have Lost Beach as our first experience in Jamaica...then the boyfriend had the nerve to die on me (I am a bit sarcastic---it is how I deal with some of life's junk); so I was going to go there alone...received an email from them saying they are only hosting large groups and potential buyers....bummed.

so, still doing Negril solo.... (I will be the old, fluffy-i.e. fat- woman sitting at the bar)... 14 DAYS!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livlvlife View Post
    " 14 DAYS!!
    How long are you staying
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

IF I COME BACK NORTH (Capt) headed back the 28th

User Info Menu

livlvlife, where in Negril will you be at? i'm a fat ole broad traveling alone too, we should get together!

User Info Menu

I have to add my two cents...well, it actually turned into two dollars...

We were there two years ago. We like offbeat kind of places, don't need luxury at all but we only made it three days and left, even though it meant losing two days worth of already paid rental. The good -- it was quiet, it got out us out Negril for a few days so we could see more countryside, the price was good and the food was super, especially supper and the staff was nice. The bad -- our room was as far as you could get from the restaurant, the pool, stuck out in a building at the end. It was large but dingy and there wasn't one single element of charm or comfort to the room. It looked like it hadn't been touched in years and years. The Pool was closed. There were more sandfleas that I thought was possible and even though I slathered myself with poisonous stuff, I had hundreds of red welts on my legs. The screens in our bedroom were full of holes so the mosquitos came in every night unless we closed the window and the air conditioning was ancient and very loud. The final thing that made us feel weird was that we were the ONLY people there other than the owner and the staff. I felt bad bailing but I couldn't hack it. I generally can tell by the website and the reviews if I would feel comfortable at a place and if it suitable to our needs, but I missed out on this one. I have NO idea if it was sold after we left and if anything new and exciting has happened because it could be a fun place. I suppose it just got run down because there wasn't enough action and owners can only carry a place so long. It must be difficult to work hard to make a place survive. Anyhow, that's my story. Last year we went to Treasure Beach as our second week out of Negril and were thrilled and love it there and we were not staying at the Ritz there either but I loved it.

User Info Menu

So the "resort" doesn't exist any more........it wasn't there the last time I was there (1983)......

I'll post a report after I go.......I loved the place and it sounds like maybe it's the same as it was.........

Damn I hope so.....
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We used to ride off road out there all the time. The first time I went the place looked great - the rooms were in great shape, the pool clean, the restaurant and bar food and service excellent.

The following year - not so much. And it kept getting worse so we stopped going

But the ride and the little towns like Salmon Point and Broughton are really nice. I so loved riding trail out there, through the bush, along the coast on the beach. I do miss that.

User Info Menu

This thread I started on one of my "where were these pictures taken" has several pics of the resort and views around the area. It was still open back then.
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...res-taken-quot

It is pretty much due south of Little London in little community called New Broughton. Here's the best map I've found of getting there.
    http://www.lostbeachresort.com/discover/broughton.html

I agree with most posts in this thread.
    It is in a little bit out-of-the-way area - but some find that a good thing. I love day-trips to places like that, but agree I need more nightlife on vacation.
    Even without staying in the resort, I thought the drive there/back from Negril was nice.
    We took the south route there - past the lighthouse and thru Little Bay - very scenic.
    Then coming back, went north to Little London and then took the main road back to Negril.

FYI - In case someone won the lottery - I found this online ad:
    http://www.viviun.com/AD-168062/
    08: Jan-NegrilTreehouse
    08: Nov-RoomsOnTheBeach, Ochi & TobysResort, MoBay
    09: Apr-Legends, Negril
    09: Dec-Legends, Negril
    10: Apr-HolidayInnSunspree, Mobay & SeastarInn, Negril
    10: Nov&Dec-SeastarInn & FunHoliday, Negril & SunsetResort, Treasure Beach
    11: Mar-FootePrints & NegrilBeachClubCondos, Negril
    11: Sep-Legends, Negril
    12: Sep-SeastarInn, Negril
    13: Mar-Match Resort & Bay View Resort, Port Antonio & El Greco, MoBay
    13: Dec-SeastarInn & Shields, Negril & VerneyHouse, MoBay

User Info Menu

I was at lost beach last friday. Could not tell if the resort was operating, but
    the gates were open. The beach was pretty trashed with litter from the recent
    storms. Really nothing there other than the resort.