Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Beach?

User Info Menu

Lost Beach?

Does anyone have any information/pictures on this place? I believe it is just past Little London

User Info Menu

there was a excellent trip report posted about this place a while back - i am not sure if it was before or after the board software update, but it had pics and lots of general information about the resort and the area around it.. as well as a ganja report - lol.. but i did enjoy the review - and thought his backbacking adventure sounded like a great time..

search and ye shall find..

User Info Menu

http://www.lostbeachresort.com/rates/rate.html

It is more than "just past Little London" as you turn towards the coast and travel several miles to a secluced area. It is kind of expensive per night for a place so remote but that is what some would argue to be the "charm" of the place. I have stayed in that area for a few nights over the years and found it to be a little too slow for my liking. That is just my take and not the opinion of others..... I am sure of that!

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I can't speak to the resort as it didn't exist when we lived in Spring Garden. However, on days off from going to Negril to work we would go over to (new)Broughton beach or Little Bay.

Very quiet and private. A nice respite from the hustle and bustle of Negril even in the late 70s and early 80s
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I think it is closed. You turn right at Little London.

User Info Menu

It is closed I called yesterday
    that which does not kill you makes you stronger

User Info Menu

Even if the place is closed I'll bet it's worth the ride.

I'm going to go out there Saturday of the weekend I'm there before the show.

My son Linston is hanging out with me for the weekend and he has a Corrola.

Looking forward to seeing it again.......It always was a special place to Miss Ginny and me
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Even if the place is closed I'll bet it's worth the ride.

I'm going to go out there Saturday of the weekend I'm there before the show.

My son Linston is hanging out with me for the weekend and he has a Corrola.

Looking forward to seeing it again.......It always was a special place to Miss Ginny and me
    You know Captain, I once spent almost a week there as a guest of a friend while Lennox Lewis was training for a title fight and running up and down the mostly deserted beach.

I mostly manage and run a small, eclectic motel here in South Florida and know the cards are mostly stacked against a small, non-chain business before you even get started. It is tough enough for a motel or hotel to make it along the 7-mile beach with tourists aplenty without trying to do it out in the middle of the boondocks. Secluded and Rustic and code words for "in the middle of nowhere" and "in need of repair". During the best of times it still was struggling and now with the ailing economy, it has died on the vine.

I would sure like to see a picture or two of just how it looks now. I loved the place because of the people who worked there.

Thanks.... Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post

I would sure like to see a picture or two of just how it looks now. I loved the place because of the people who worked there.

Thanks.... Peace and Guidance
    I'll post some when I get back to Seastar. When we used to go to the beach there was nothing there at all. We'd pack up the Peugeot (pronounced "pee...jew" in Ja). Kids, drinks, food etc and spend the day.

BTW.... that 504 diesel was a great car. Very French but very unbeatable.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

It still looked real good I was by there in August it looked like it was being taken care of but was closed