Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any other ideas?

User Info Menu

Re: any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Well, I would hire Linston to take you up to the Roaring River and swim in the caves in the open aquafers. It's an experience unlike any other, almost spiritual. Stop at Savlamar on the way home and go to the spice store. Can't remember the name of the place but you can get all the ingredients for spicy pumpkin shrimp soup, and a big bag of "jerk to the bone" spice. It'll take up your entire day, but she won't stop talking about it for a long time.
    He'll also stop at Zion Hill as it's right on the way if you wish

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Irine, i've been to Roaring River many years ago, but don't know what open aquafers are?
    Last edited by sonja; 01-05-2018 at 07:35 AM.

User Info Menu

i would love to go to Zion Hill, Cap and Family!!
    Last edited by sonja; 01-04-2018 at 06:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Inside the cave where the water bubbles up from deep inside the earth. There are pockets and pools fed by underground water (the aquafers) that are the head waters of the Roaring River. Some are so deep they cannot be sounded, they appear bottomless. Super cool place to swim.

Quote Originally Posted by sonja View Post
    Irine, i've been to Roaring River many years ago, but don't know what open aquafers are??
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Lunch at red dragon.

User Info Menu

Do your own westend pub crawl
    Search for sea glass @ Canoe

User Info Menu

We were told (many years ago) that even Jacques Cousteau could not find the bottom of those wells. It was a cool tour with so many bats high up on the roof and Dragon breathing fire inside the pitch black cave. We heard how the Maroons used that cave system to cut through the hills and outwit the Redcoats.

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Inside the cave where the water bubbles up from deep inside the earth. There are pockets and pools fed by underground water (the aquafers) that are the head waters of the Roaring River. Some are so deep they cannot be sounded, they appear bottomless. Super cool place to swim.

User Info Menu

It's a once in a lifetime opportunity if you ask me. Our guide says the slaves escaped and hid in the caves and that is how the Jamaican cultural melting bowl begun. He also told us gps does not work in the caves and there are many miles left unexplored but the risk of getting lost is too great to explore them all. We loved it, but you probably guessed that already.

User Info Menu

Go see Gordo at the Red Dragon and have some Jerk Pork from next door mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm showisgood !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMike View Post
    Go see Gordo at the Red Dragon and have some Jerk Pork from next door mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm showisgood !
    Is that everyday or just Saturdays? Also heard if you get there after lunch you're out of luck.