Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Albums

User Info Menu

Albums

I'm pretty much getting the hang of this feature.....

One questions Rob, is there any way in the Members Section to identify whom has posted albums? Or do you pretty much have to click on each member to view Albums if they even have them. I guess I was wondering if there was a label or icon assigned to each person that uploaded Albums.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Good question.... (grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Dino,

This is from the FAQ above:

How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
    How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.

You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

User Info Menu

Okay Rob, here is a short cut to see all posted Albums....click on the Forum tab, then click on the Community Tab, then click on the Album tab....and there is everyones albums. I am assuming they are the albums that are classified as "public"

User Info Menu

Test

Some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Rob, on 5/6/11 I posted stating people can see albums through the Community Link. I clicked on there today and there is only "1" album...were did they all go, even mine are gone and mine are public. I would love to see all the public albums...how do we view them?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Dino,

It is set to show the recently updated albums, so I increased that setting from 7 days to 90 days....