Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banana Shout?

User Info Menu

Re: Banana Shout?

Heater mentioned Somewhere West. I had always wanted to check it out. it is far west. Lenbert took us there on the Pub Crawl. I loved it. I would like to do it but I think 3 days would be enough. we enjoy being around people and it is kinda quiet there. The pool and bar area is beautiful.

User Info Menu

Hi Rumpole... hope all is well with you two ♥

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It is "Nick's" that does make up much of the Banana Shout novel. After reading Mark's initial manuscript, I told him he had to change the characters names as it was a fictional account, based on real life experiences. I said no publisher would touch it as is with real names in the story.

When he first sent it to the publisher, the publisher freaked out after doing some fact checking. So we did a global "search and replace" on the manuscript and changed character names. I personally thought Nick for Rick was hilarious! Mark then did some rewrites and made composite characters (a single character based on several real people) and the publisher said that the book was now "libel" free...

Anyone who hasnt read it should, it is a great beach book!!!

I think I might have a copy of Banana Shout II sitting around on a CD somewhere.... another great story but that one took place mainly in the Michigan/Ohio area of the USA...

Rob's spot on the money. It's a very good read. You get a very good sense of what Negril was like in it's infancy. Definitely a place I'd like to time travel to.