Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just returned! A few quick thoughts.......

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Just returned! A few quick thoughts.......

"We found great pricing at "Authors" and yes I think that is how they spelled it, its right next to Grand Pineapple. $2 US Red Stripes, a really cool bartender and a good vibe."

The actual name is Arthurs Beach Bar and Grill, named after Ronnie Arthurs. It is the oldest bar on the beach!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    "We found great pricing at "Authors" and yes I think that is how they spelled it, its right next to Grand Pineapple. $2 US Red Stripes, a really cool bartender and a good vibe."

The actual name is Arthurs Beach Bar and Grill, named after Ronnie Arthurs. It is the oldest bar on the beach!
    Yup, that is the one Rob! Since 1952 according to one of the signs above the bar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    New owner is from Chicago, looks to be putting lots of coin in it. Some interesting stories floating around, might be a fun one to watch from afar!
    Sounds interesting. Got any good gossip??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    where is this hotel? any idea what the previous name was?
    Used to be Thrills
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Concerning the Oasis. However much your paying might seem to be "dirt cheap" and a "steal", the annoyance of having this hotel in the midst of a Jamaican neighborhood with the loud, amplified off-key karaoke and the drill instructor-like running commentary from an overzealous event leader greatly failing in providing the "Jamaica Experience" seems like a price too much to pay.

I was staying for two months within bull horn distance of this ear-sore paying $30 a night and eating authentic Jamaican food and not troubling any of my neighbors to the extent Oasis does.

The ground-swell of local opposition to this property will surely (at some point) radically change their way of doing business. At least on can hope so. Glad you had a good time RonMon anyways.

Peace and Guidance.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Concerning the Oasis. However much your paying might seem to be "dirt cheap" and a "steal", the annoyance of having this hotel in the midst of a Jamaican neighborhood with the loud, amplified off-key karaoke and the drill instructor-like running commentary from an overzealous event leader greatly failing in providing the "Jamaica Experience" seems like a price too much to pay.

I was staying for two months within bull horn distance of this ear-sore paying $30 a night and eating authentic Jamaican food and not troubling any of my neighbors to the extent Oasis does.

The ground-swell of local opposition to this property will surely (at some point) radically change their way of doing business. At least on can hope so. Glad you had a good time RonMon anyways.

Peace and Guidance.
    I am sure the residential neighbors behind can hear the noise. I am not sure what else is close-by but from our room we could also hear music coming from behind the property. While I am sure there is local opposition, as there typically is with any new large business, this is common in the U.S. as well, there were an overwhelming amount of Jamiacans staying at the resort and a good 150 showed up for their NYE party. Seems like the family running the resort is quite large as in speaking w them a lot claimed relation to the owner.

Thanks Accompong, always enjoy hearing other view points!

One Love!