Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Le Mirage

User Info Menu

Le Mirage

Has anyone ever stayed here? How was it? We have never stayed in the cliffs and the clothing optional appeals to the wife. I don't always trust Trip Advisor.

Thanks in advance
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Re: Le Mirage

My wife and I stayed there last year. Nice rooms great view and very quiet. Would go back

User Info Menu

We stayed a few years back. The rooms were nice as was the pool. I didn't like that there was virtually no grass on the property and very little shade at the time. The staff was nice. If you want to do the clothing optional thing you will be in full view of everyone....and we were not happy about what we saw. They have a relationship with Charela on the beach and we got a $25 certificate for a dinner there. The location on the west end is nice with a number of places to eat nearby. You are pretty far out on the west end, so traffic isn't too bad. We would not go back again because of the CO policy.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Never stayed there but been there many times as a quest of friends staying there....nice boutique property with just a small handful of rooms so very quite...& before Ivan mashed up the West End in '04 it had a great restaurant I frequented...but like rjonsun said theirs a whole lot of concrete from the sea side of your room to the sea.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at Mirage a few times. I think the rooms are some of the nicest you will find in this price range - they are basically identical to the rooms at Charela. Try to get a 3rd floor corner room; these are the largest. The infinity pool is excellent and the included continental breakfast is a nice feature. Cliff and water access is good, but I agree with rjonsun that there is a lot of concrete on the property. I have read that they plan to include some umbrellas this season, but not sure if they are there yet. On our last stay, they were also working on adding potted plants and trees around the property. There is foliage on the sides of the property and a sea grape tree for shade on the pool deck. As stated, Mirage a sister resort to Charela, so you are welcome to use the beach there without buying a voucher. One time they offered a free "shuttle" (i.e. they called a route taxi) but on subsequent stays, we had to find our own ride.

The CO policy can be hit or miss. The few times we were there, nobody took advantage of this option, but it was slow season and we mostly had the place to ourselves. If you plan to partake, then I don't think anyone would object if exercise discretion.

ETA: I would ignore the Trip Advisor reviews, gregandkelly. They are dominated by a few disgruntled guests who bring down the rankings. In fact, there are couple defunct hotels that are ranked higher which is absurd.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 01-09-2018 at 04:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*