Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite beach restaurants?

User Info Menu

Favorite beach restaurants?

We are doing a split stay this trip, so once we settle in at the beach we probably won't taxi much to the West end. My favorite restaurants are on West end. Suggestions please? I'm not picky, but I'm a foodie!! Unfortunately I've had food poisoning The past two years in negril from fried chicken, which I love so much.

User Info Menu

Re: Favorite beach restaurants?

For dinner we always have to hit up Kuyaba, Firefly and Country Country. For good jerk chicken we go to Bourbon Beach the most. Jerk pork is across the street at Ossie's.

User Info Menu

On the morass side of the beach road, Montana's.

User Info Menu

The jerk chicken at the BBQ hut in front of Tree House Resort has some of the best jerk chicken in all of Negril. They also have a very good restaurant and a great breakfast buffet which is included for guests but also available to the public for a fee (not sure how much). The restaurant upstairs at Bar-B-Barn is also very good. I think it's called Angela's. Great pizza and other Italian fair. Montana's as mentioned above is a favourite "Mom & Pop" place. Located beside the Jungle Night Club and directly across from Fun Holiday. Reasonably priced and good for breakfast and dinner including good escovitch fish.

User Info Menu

we love rasta ade next to rooms on the beach for lunch and attars for breakfast

User Info Menu

Fish and chips at Alfreds. Yum!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Breakfast at Coco La Palm, coconut snapper at Charela, the soup and bottomless salad at Rasta Ade

User Info Menu

Kuyaba, Coconut International, Alfred's, Montana's, Best in the West.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by heater View Post
    Unfortunately I've had food poisoning The past two years in negril from fried chicken, which I love so much.
    I'm more curious/nervous about your food poisoning locations...
    where did you get the food poisoning and once you were diagnosed, what did the doctor give you for it?
    Rob and I obviously eat in Negril on a very regular basis..neither one of us has had food poisoning in the 25yrs etc that Rob's been here...but maybe it's somewhere we've never been...
    Last edited by Bnewb; 01-09-2018 at 10:42 PM.

User Info Menu

I've had food poisoning four times from chicken!!! I've never been to a doctor for it. Children's Pedialyte, rest and stay close to a bathroom!! I would rather not mention where I got it from, that wasn't my intent. I don't want to hurt any businesses. In the United States I got it from fried chicken at a grocery store and from baked chicken on a dinner train.