Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Great music event 1/24-1/27--People Brothers Band from WI

User Info Menu

Great music event 1/24-1/27--People Brothers Band from WI

The People Brothers Band will be in Negril doing shows on 1/24 & 1/25 (Murphy's Restaurant West End) and 1/26 & 1/27 (Drifters by the beach)! These are part of a non profit organization called "Jam For Jam" and this is their "Island Boogie" event. The People Brothers Band is FANTASTIC and will have special guests from some other great bands joining them. Highly recommend making it to one of these shows if you can! Saw this band live a couple weeks ago and they tear it up! Youtube them for some live show clips. Not sure of all the details but here's a Facebook event page link if you're so inclined to get some more info:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2039588582937149/

We're not arriving in Negril until 1/26 so it'll just be the beach shows for me. I think there might be a jam session Sunday afternoon 1/28 also.

Irie!
    Last edited by Turtle; 01-10-2018 at 12:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Great music event 1/24-1/27--People Brothers Band from WI

Awesome band, we see them a couple times a year here in Madison. Sadly we will miss the Negril shows by a few days, bummer as that would've been sweet!!!

User Info Menu

I had spoken with Pita from Unity the Band back in June, and he mentioned that they were part of a lineup playing at a show in Negril sometime in January or February. He said the "event" was at a soccer complex (?) in Negril. Not sure what this might be.

In any case, Unity the Band puts on quite a reggae party and I would have no doubt that playing on the island would pump them up their jam props even more. Check out this great Wisconsin band on their website www.unitytheband.com .

User Info Menu

That is great to hear. Have seen Peoples Brothers Band many times also in Madison. Wish I was there to see them in Negril.

User Info Menu

They have 3 albums on spotify.