Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USA Travel Advisory Against (FALSE) Traveling to Jamaica

User Info Menu

Re: USA Travel Advisory Against Traveling to Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    You have to pay attention anywhere you go. Exercise caution and trust your instincts. Even in Negril it's not unheard of to run into some Kold Ass Mofo
    Irene, I am only Kold (cold) due to the climate. Kold Ass, warm heart.

User Info Menu

Re: USA Travel Advisory Against (FALSE) Traveling to Jamaica

US citizens can sign up for STEP. We've been doing this for years. They will directly alert you if there are any warnings. It's very specific and also it's a good idea that the American Consulate knows you're their in case you run into "trouble".

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...u-go/step.html
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Re: USA Travel Advisory Against Traveling to Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    this is very bad news Rob......mi had a buddy cancel his trip next week to Negril because of this....even after talking to mi
    Cool Runnings, Marko
    What is "very bad news", Marko? The "exaggeration"? The buddy cancelling? Your buddy taking to you? Or is it that areas where you don't travel to have crime advisories?

Anyone who spends as much time as you do on Jamaica knows that there is crime in some areas and you need to stay away from them even though it is local vs local crime for the most part.

Probably a good idea to post personal opinions or stories and not links with misleading subject lines anyways, right?

Too many mi(s) for me anyways.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I live in Florida and our crime around the major cities is crazy! Funny the U.S. doesn't put these "warnings" out for domestic tourists. Everything is safe until it isn't, exercise caution wherever you are and usually you will be fine.

User Info Menu

Accompong, you can dial back the condescension a few degrees and still make your point. You are by far the most condescending person on this site. It is not a good look.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    I live in Florida and our crime around the major cities is crazy! Funny the U.S. doesn't put these "warnings" out for domestic tourists. Everything is safe until it isn't, exercise caution wherever you are and usually you will be fine.
    The latest US State department advisory on Mexico is gong to crush their already suffering tourist business. Even if people we not planning on going to one of the states in the travel advisory.

User Info Menu

Obviously a sensitive subject. Maybe we can all agree safety is everyone's concern and look for a point of mutual agreement and understanding from there.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Common sense precautions against crime - Universal travel warning no matter where you go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by plongdin View Post
    Common sense precautions against crime - Universal travel warning no matter where you go!
    100% correct ~
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

The majority of us (savvy Jamaica travelers) already KNOW how to be cautious, what areas to avoid, that not all of Jamaica is crime infested and not all Jamaicans are criminals. However, the above statement would lead those who never visited Jamaica or are new to the experience to believe otherwise. IMO, OP's statement has little to do with world-wide travel consciousness, but a lot to do with Jamaica, as a whole, being unsafe. Which is NOT true. How unfair that is not only to interested persons and frequent visitors, but to ALL of Jamaica.

The storms wiped out many travelers’ destinations so more and more are looking at Jamaica to be their new escape. A lot of them will find this message board and hopefully be convinced by its many supporters providing sound advice & recommendations, to give the rock a try. Sharing a heading like that without detailed facts or a supporting link will have them putting on breaks and looking further south. Why???? all because an individual who often shares their personal frustrations about Jamaica’s imperfections, found yet another sore to openly rub raw. And that just ain’t “cool runnings”.