Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooter Rental

User Info Menu

Scooter Rental

Any recommendations for Scooter rentals ?

User Info Menu

Re: Scooter Rental

We use Jah B on the Beach Road and he has been great to deal with. We had rented from another place once and got stopped and had to pay a large fine for THEIR failure to register the cycle, we just got a shrug when we told them.

User Info Menu

I agree with plongdin big time...I ONLY do my motorcycle (Honda Shadow) rental with Jah B...already have my reso in for my Honda Shadow for pick up late Jan..
    876-9574235

User Info Menu

My recommendation.. DON'T GET A SCOOTER! They are too under powered and you're just a target with other local traffic flying by you, seriously taking your life into their hands (especially since cell phones seem popular with the local drivers). I'd only get a motorcycle since it has the power to keep up with traffic...

User Info Menu

Trevor, I have his number. Me and friends have rented from him for years with no problems. He delivers right to your resort. He has 125cc Suzuki Scooters, which have been great for me and boss lady. I am 200lbs and she is 130. You wouldnt want to both too much over 200. He charges $30 a day. If you want his cell number PM me.

I had a very bad experience with another guy, but he is out of business, so def go with someone who is highly recommended.

User Info Menu

A few notes to those who have never rented a scooter. The bike will come with about enough gas to get to a petro station. Go there right away. Check the tires.....if it blows, chances are you will need to get fixed on your own. Suggest you do not travel far away from Negril. These rentals are not kept in the same condition you assume when renting in the States.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMaser View Post
    A few notes to those who have never rented a scooter. The bike will come with about enough gas to get to a petro station. Go there right away. Check the tires.....if it blows, chances are you will need to get fixed on your own. Suggest you do not travel far away from Negril. These rentals are not kept in the same condition you assume when renting in the States.
    True dat. Have had to take a rental back to the owner more than once because of beat up bikes that won't start, or are falling apart. Check them out thoroughly, and take a test ride before renting. The roads there can be a bit rough, and these bikes are used a ton, with little or no maintenance. I like to rent enduros if I can find them. They may not be the most cushy ride, but they are made to take the pounding, unlike the little mopeds.

User Info Menu

I have to agree with ukran1ans on this one. If you have enough bike experience to ride in rough traffic then get a bike if you can. Seen young girl killed a few years back on a scooter, it was really sad. I love scooters don't get me wrong, just Negril is a tough place to learn if you are not very experienced. $30 a day can get you a long ways in a taxi.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

have rented from jah b for many years. always has treated me fairly

User Info Menu

I'm with you Irine,$30 bucks will take me a couple days in the cab,, And speaking of Duluth,MN,,played in a softball tournament their one year,,cant remember the hotel but it was downtown on waterfront and the restaurant on the top floor was like on a swivel and it turned in a circle,,back many years ago,,