Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taxi Question

User Info Menu

Re: Taxi Question

I think many people get frustrated with taxis, I know I have from time to time, pay this, pay that, just depends. We need a sticky with what people should pay from point A to B.

User Info Menu

One of the route drivers once told me, pay what you think is right.
    In canada, it costs 4$ just to GET IN the taxi, without even moving an inch. a city bus costs about 3.25 (uncomfortable)
    It might be nerve wracking as many of us don`t do it often, within my second trip alone in a route taxi, i felt pretty comfortable, happy , and enjoying that breeze of air

Have fun, play the negotiating game and don`t take it personal.... and stop counting pennies, you`re in paradise. for that 75 cents you want to save, leave it and let them buy a drink for themselves.
    You will see and have a lot more fun and respect in your vacation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAHtonyMTL View Post
    One of the route drivers once told me, pay what you think is right.
    In canada, it costs 4$ just to GET IN the taxi, without even moving an inch. a city bus costs about 3.25 (uncomfortable)
    It might be nerve wracking as many of us don`t do it often, within my second trip alone in a route taxi, i felt pretty comfortable, happy , and enjoying that breeze of air

Have fun, play the negotiating game and don`t take it personal.... and stop counting pennies, you`re in paradise. for that 75 cents you want to save, leave it and let them buy a drink for themselves.
    You will see and have a lot more fun and respect in your vacation.
    Thank you for your post.

Much respect,

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I love the taxis just to chat up the drivers. You can't get better information than from a taxi driver. I consider the ride inexspensive at a few bucks, and the information priceless

User Info Menu

Once a car stops for us, I greet the driver and then tell him "5 dollars to destination x" where destination x is somewhere cliff to cliff or beach to beach. Cliffs to beach or beach to cliffs is $10. Seems to work fine for us - route fare with a little tip.