Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This will be a huge time saver upon arrival

User Info Menu

Re: This will be a huge time saver upon arrival

Seems there's no date given yet when it starts...soon come Mon as they say

User Info Menu

My guess.... and this is a total guess...
    Maybe if the form is completed on online (and submitted online) and the additional items the immigration rep/qiosk request (photo, hotel name etc) are also given online, you will be able to totally bypass immigration (i.e. the govt of JA will have already vetted your arrival and electronically stamped for passport for a 3 month stay). Then you could head right to baggage claim and customs.

I think this is what some other countries have tried to do... reduce the number of people who have to be physically processed by immigration by doing it online ahead of time.

User Info Menu

Will be waiting for boardies to report back next month on how this goes...
    Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    Will be waiting for boardies to report back next month on how this goes...
    Cool Runnings, Marko
    we will be going to negril in Feb, we will deffinently let you know how this will save time

User Info Menu

Anyone have a link to this on-line immigration cards system?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankk View Post
    Anyone have a link to this on-line immigration cards system?
    No sure about an on-line immigration system. Wife and I signed up for the US Global Entry System a few years ago. That allows us to move through the inbound immigration lines a wee bit faster, when I don't mess with the facial recognition camera, and I don't have a pile of stuff to declare. The USGE system is supposed to be for travelers returning to the States but we have been herded into the express or first class lines when flying domestically because of our registration - and we get to keep our shoes on. Odd.

http://usa.immigrationvisaforms.com/...bal-entry-pass

User Info Menu

We signed up for Global Entry a couple years ago - it’s great when you come back to US. We would have missed two different tight connections from US Customs if we didn’t have that. We are also big fans of Club Mobay.

User Info Menu

Another good thing about Global Entry is that it also gets you into the Pre-Check security lines for domestic travel.

User Info Menu

the only time this saves is when you are trying to watch a movie and have a drink....Immigration still needs to review all of the info as usual.....and remember.....stay behind the yellow line

User Info Menu

I have been checking the airport website and immigration, no sign of the new program yet.

We will be there in 25 days.