Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This will be a huge time saver upon arrival

User Info Menu

This will be a huge time saver upon arrival

Travellers to Jamaica will soon be able to complete landing form online

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...9?profile=1373

User Info Menu

Re: This will be a huge time saver upon arrival

Cool.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

If you have the form already filled out on the plane before you exit..do you really save any more time as they only take about 30 seconds to look it over and sign off at customs?

User Info Menu

You fill out the online forms from home before you leave.

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

I know you fill out the form ahead of time but won't they have to pull it up on the computer and look at it? Could be faster but could also take more time.............

User Info Menu

I also don't see how this is suppose to save time in the immigration hall. My guess is this is more about data collection and data mining. If they want to save time with immigration processing, they could add more kiosks and use the ones they have now. Last month when we arrived with several other planes, they actually stopped letting people use the kiosks as the hall filled up. I guess they want people to keep spending $50 each for the Club Mobay meet and greet.

User Info Menu

I always complete my form on the airplane prior to landing, so I just hand it over as needed. (I also use CMB, so the rep looks it over for me to ensure all is in order.) I don't see how this will save time? Are there countries or airlines that don't provide the forms to their customers? I've heard of flights running out of forms before on a rare occasion, but this doesn't seem like much of a time saver for the average traveler - typically those of us with nothing to declare.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Coming from Canada we are always given the form on the plane. Forms seem to change every year.

User Info Menu

Yes you are saving time...while you are in the middle of drinking a cocktail or watching a movie etc. you dont have to stop what your doing to fill out the form because it's done already...time saved! 😁
    Also, they are following suit with the other Islands (D.R, MX & Aruba) that does this and I think it's a great idea! IMO.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    Yes you are saving time...while you are in the middle of drinking a cocktail or watching a movie etc. you dont have to stop what your doing to fill out the form because it's done already...time saved! ��
    Just think of all the things you could have been doing when you filled out the form online.