Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 48 days to go, excited and need some advise please.

User Info Menu

@Alisa,
    yes I just realised we will be there the same dates and my son is the same age as yours!

I will be on the beach for your dates too

We are definately planning a waterpark day 23rd/28th/29th dec so message me if you want to meet up!

I am also thinking of a day out and I will look up mayfield falls and the way to get there.
    If we could use public transport that would be good / share cost.

I am bringing three children, we could either half fill a minibus or take two cars depending on who runs that route I will ask on here today

User Info Menu

I was looking at the ys falls website and it seems they have a lot more going on there, there is a mini playground for the children an onsite farm/stables swimming pool/natural calm spring water all of the falls which look magnificent a picnic area food place gift shop tropical birds like hummingbirds you can get photos with canopy swings tubing for the adults.There seems to be so much more.I pass Ys falls each trip on my way to other places and have never stopped yet.
    It is $15 entry per adult and $7.50 per child I think it is worth a look
    http://ysfalls.com/index.php?option=...d=24&Itemid=39

User Info Menu

YS falls is a great place but maybe not for a full day, when ever i've gone there always stop off at Black River and see the crocs first then head to YS after some lunch, the kids will love the tractor ride from the bottom up to the falls, passing through fields of cattle

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_0138.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  96.1 KBName:  IMG_0137.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  94.9 KB I stayed at Rhodes Hall in august with my 15 yr. old son and is a good place for a day trip, the food at the Bayview restaurant is very good too. There is a beach area and is a protected reef area, great for snorkling.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

@Tictoc, sounds great if we could share a ride but I think we are leaning towards Mayfield mostly because it is a quicker trip and we are hoping to spend some time at Rhodes now and I know our son will love seing the alligators there. Would love to meet up and we will also be planning on a trip to the waterpark, not sure on the dates but my little one would love to have another boy to ride with! We will be at White Sands from 12-21 to 12/30, are you staying anywhere close during that time?

@ Airportworker we have visited YS Falls before and it is a beautiful place, we also have seen the crocs at Black river but back in 93, way before son was born.. I am thinking Mayfields since we have never been and its a shorter ride, then going to Rhoades to see the alligators there and do some snorkling.

@Poolguy Looks like an awesome place to visit, will def fit in in!
    ]

User Info Menu

hey Alisa we are up by the cliffs for the first half of your week but we get free beach shuttle every day and the latter half we are staying on the beach.

I am staying for a few weeks and as soon as I get there I will post my ja cell number on here or just message me and we can meet and the kids can play.

The waterpark is a definate for my children the only reason I stated particular dates was because some of the dates inbetween are BIG event days/nights such as christmas eve christmas day and boxing day and the next day for recovery!
    The 30th is also the date of the party at travellers beach resort I am planning

So I will not be doing much log fluming and spinning those days they are reserved!

Sounds like a good day mayfield and rhodes I am going to ask the cost now in a new thread