Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help on where to stay in Negril this May - Suggestions kindly appreciated

User Info Menu

Need help on where to stay in Negril this May - Suggestions kindly appreciated

Howdy from Texas!

Im bringing college family and friends to negril 13-18th of may(7 total). Ive been to Negril(golden nugget back then) 4 times with last being 16 years ago.

I looked at a couple Villas but seem a bit far to walk to beach daily. Can not easily go back to room. So anything on beach or across the road from beach is hopeful. heres what Im looking for..Hope you experts can help :
    ---------------
    1 bedroom - 2pp(couple) so one queen or bigger 22 and 23
    2 bedroom - 2pp(couple) so one queen or bigger 21 and 21
    then we have 3 and need separate beds. 5 bedrooms would be ideal yet 4 and another place to sleep ok
    myself - 52
    Son - 23
    Friend - 23
    ---------------
    Last time i was there was with my wife....stayed at the GNugget....."Turtle" was always there to greet us...Hope I can find him again.
    Trip is in memory of my wife as she very unexpectedly passed....She loved Negril as I know my kids and their friends will.

So any help.....Price range -100-$300 night and hope we can all stay in same place, AWAY from all-inclusive places !...

Seems like the Nugget was close to all the good bars/places on beach....Any other suggestions besides stay are welcome.....Look forward to all help and seeing others when there...We are a gool 'ole fun-loving Texas family...Cant wait to take 100 Texas Longhorn car decals and pass out to all the taxi's etc! Cool to come back years later and see them on the cars...Take Care and Hook'em ! Kevin in Texas

User Info Menu

Re: Need help on where to stay in Negril this May - Suggestions kindly appreciated

Coral Seas Garden is across the road from the beach.
    Each room comes with 2 nice size beds.

I stay there 2 times a year.
    Very good housekeepers, swimming pool, cable TV, AC, and room safe.
    Check out their website.
    Nice location, close to stores, other resorts/hotels.

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Re: Need help on where to stay in Negril this May - Suggestions kindly appreciated

In case you would like to return to the Golden Nugget...it's called Coral Seas Garden now and has the same owners from when you stayed there.
    RastaExpress...sorry for your loss of your wife and I hope you all find some healing in your visit here.

User Info Menu

You could afford two places at Chippewa Village. Only double beds though, but great location across from the beach on Norman Manley Blvd

User Info Menu

Rasta, you should definitely check out the villa at White Sands......they also have rooms, and apartments.....off season when you will be there is very reasonable. It's a great little resort, with a really nice staff, fun social bar, and it's beach area is on the best part of the beach....Walking distance to everything !!!!

User Info Menu

On Airbnb and VRBO Treehouse has some 1 and 2 BR units for rent. Daily maid service and breakfast included. IMO the best spot on the beach.

User Info Menu

to add to Jojo's suggestion, Rondel Village has 2 and 3 bedroom villas... they are mixed amongst the regular single rooms on the beach side, but it's a great, locally owned hotel with some recent refurbishments. Perhaps it's worth looking into...
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...Keep them coming while we decide.....Hook'em! Kevin

User Info Menu

Definitely the villa at White Sands http://www.whitesandsjamaica.com/rooms/villa/

Four bedrooms and 4 bathrooms... $350 per night. Share a common living room and kitchen as well as a private pool.
    Located across the road, mid-beach

User Info Menu

We stayed here a few years ago with a similar group and it worked out great.
    http://www.gatehousevilla.com/rates.html
    It is on the beach right next to Wayze Park. The same property as Tony’s bar. A little dated but clean and great people.