Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Country Country Coffee Question

User Info Menu

Country Country Coffee Question

We usually travel with other couples and stay at Treehouse. This year it is just my wife and I and wanted to change it up. We are booked at Country Country.

My question is about coffee service. Normally at Treehouse we bring insulated mugs and I go down early and get coffee. This allows us to get our coffee buzz and relax before going to breakfast. I noticed on the Country Country website that the amenities include "coffee service". Just wondering if this means they will deliver coffee to your room or it is just available to go and get. I would prefer not to drag the mugs along if I do not need them.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Country Country Coffee Question

You get one pot per room per day. You can pick it up or consume it at the restaurant. I think there is also a coffee maker in the room.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if filters and/or coffee is provided in the room. If not are they single serve machines or do they have a cone or basket type filter. We can pick up coffee and filters (if necessary) when we stop for our room supplies on the way.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

You can email them, but if I recall they had small Mr Coffee type drips, not sure if they provided filters, but definitely not coffee.

User Info Menu

AFAIK there is no coffee maker other than an electric pot for heating water in the rooms. You can get more than 1 pot/day if you want to pay a little ($5?) for each extra pot. Their pots are so small we are lucky to get 4 cups out of a pot and no free refills. Coffee is the biggest disappointment to me about stays @ CC but that's a small gripe.

User Info Menu

Forgot about that hot water thing. I'd bring a small french press and a portable grinder, but that's just me.

User Info Menu

saeyedoc;

I followed your advice and emailed the hotel. I got a response within 30 minutes which completely surprised me!!!

Here is what they said;

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you very much for your e-mail and your question. All our rooms have indeed coffee makers and the coffee provided comes in a flter bag. We hope this information is helpful and are looking forward to having you with us.
    Best regards,
    Gabi Sander
    Sales Manager

Can’t speak to quality or quantity but worst case scenario we will but the extra pot(s)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ColdInNB View Post
    saeyedoc;

I followed your advice and emailed the hotel. I got a response within 30 minutes which completely surprised me!!!

Here is what they said;

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you very much for your e-mail and your question. All our rooms have indeed coffee makers and the coffee provided comes in a flter bag. We hope this information is helpful and are looking forward to having you with us.
    Best regards,
    Gabi Sander
    Sales Manager

Can’t speak to quality or quantity but worst case scenario we will but the extra pot(s)
    Ha, guess my memory isn't so bad. Sounds like crap coffee though.

User Info Menu

If it's anything like the filter coffee bags Rooms on the Beach provides, it will be excellent.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!