Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restaurants - Sad list that are now closed. :( Looking for replacements.

User Info Menu

Re: Restaurants - Sad list that are now closed. :( Looking for replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Niah is up across the road, a bit south from Canoe.
    I'll try finding him in Feb. Thanks for the info TAH

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Thanks for setting us straight on Norm!
    Sorry all, Ididn't mean to scare anyone. Was thinking Neville and typed Norm. Brain Fart

User Info Menu

niah has a relatively active facebook presence... if anyone wants the phone number associated, look it up or let me know, I'd be glad to do so....

ETA:
    if i may: (from facebook)

Niah's Patties Negril Jamaica. 876 399 6323
    January 21 at 7:39pm ยท
    We are located west end road between Canoe Bar and the German Bar. The phone number is 876 399 6323 Look forward to seeing you.
    Last edited by LivinInThe603; 01-24-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Add me to the list of folks who sorely miss Step A Side. Not only a great chicken cook, but a good dude in general. 4 years ago, December on our 20th anniversary trip, we stopped to get some chicken from Marshall the night before our anniversary (we had done the One Love Bus Crawl that day), bought some chicken for us and he asked us what was up. We said we were going to Red Dragon the next day for our anniversary (we celebrate all of our big days at Red Dragon, had Melo's 50th Bday there this last summer). Marshall, who lived near Red Dragon, said, I'm coming up there tomorrow, it's your anniversary, I'll buy you guys a beer. Sure enough, we go up there the next day and after hanging out with the Red Dragon regulars for a while, here comes Marshall, spliff in mouth, walking in. He buys us a beer as he promised and we had a great few hours talking with him about the Negril life and the chicken cooking on the road. Truly a wonderful memory that I will take to my grave.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    JamaicaLance/Mary -
    What's the atmosphere like at Murphy's and are they an evening place? Is it cliff side or inland? Large or small place? Should I call ahead or just show up.
    The restaurant is inland Medium size spot Best to make reservations. One of the nicest restaurants in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Murphy's is up past Whoopies and before Dora's store

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicalance/jamaicamary View Post
    The restaurant is inland Medium size spot Best to make reservations. One of the nicest restaurants in Jamaica.
    L&M...while I respect you thinking Murphy's as "one of the nicest restaurants in Jamaica"...I would like to add the word rustic.
    When I think of something as being the "nicest" I think of a place similar to Terra Nova etc in Kingston or even Rockhouse's atmosphere in Negril.
    It's all about the outfit I may wear that night!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    L&M...while I respect you thinking Murphy's as "one of the nicest restaurants in Jamaica"...I would like to add the word rustic.
    I would agree with Bnewb. In my mind, the vibe at Murphy's isn't much different than Erica's or Quality's Seabreeze. I think Murphy's had some hammocks on the side porch, which is cool.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I thought Murphy's food was good - but not outstanding. I know he gets rave reviews on TA, but there are a number of other small, local restaurants that I would rank higher.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    When I think of something as being the "nicest" I think of a place similar to Terra Nova etc in Kingston or even Rockhouse's atmosphere in Negril.
    It's all about the outfit I may wear that night!
    Corrected. It is a bit rustic but what we look for is the quality of food we receive with the presentation they give for under $6000 J with drinks in most cases. Being a chef by trade we are not easy to please. There food is made with Love and the freshest ingredients in my opinion. We ate there three nights in a row last season which is a first for us. My wife does dress up anywhere we eat in the evenings LOL

Respect

User Info Menu

BNB - Mike D - I thought the same thing, but didn't want to "bad mouth" some place, as I have eaten @ Murphy's 3-4 times
    and enjoyed it each time.