Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations please. Food fruits attractions

User Info Menu

Recommendations please. Food fruits attractions

I was Reading over all the posts and enjoying Vi’s posts but i cant Decide! We are celebrating our anniversary for one night at the San Sky BnB. It’s located 10 min from Boston Bay any recommendations for restaurants ? I was Told to try Geejem as it is right across the street but have heard mixed reviews about it 🤔. What fruits are in season? I snack On my fruits all day and normally go during mango season 😍. Top places to visit just for the day ?! Entertainment/bar for a drink ? We arrive the 20th of feb counting down the days !!

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendations please. Food fruits attractions

Vacationlovaa, glad some of my posts helped you get a little taste of Portland. You are going for just one day right? Tell me what time you arrive in Port Antonio and I can give you suggestions on what you can fit in during your short visit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Vacationlovaa, glad some of my posts helped you get a little taste of Portland. You are going for just one day right? Tell me what time you arrive in Port Antonio and I can give you suggestions on what you can fit in during your short visit.
    I appreciate it so much ! It was a last minute change and there aren’t any hotels that are free which is why we’re only there for a day. We arrive at 1230pm

User Info Menu

Okay, your starting point in Portland is also a factor. How are you arriving? The bus, own car or private driver?

User Info Menu

We are arriving via Knutsford Express. Found your recommendations on red plate taxis and we’re gonna use them as well!

User Info Menu

That's great, but does that mean you are taking the 5:00 bus back?

User Info Menu

Here’s a start…

The bus will let you off at the marina, but unfortunately you won’t be able to linger there and check out the marina proper because of time. But your driver will do a slow ride from there to the sea side so you’ll get a glimpse at the busyness of downtown. From Port Antonio I would suggest going to the craft market by the sea, not the one in town, to get a drink and meet Rock Bottom at his carving shop. The restaurant at the market has good food if you are planning to eat lunch when you arrive. After there have your driver take you to Long Bay. It’s a 35 minute ride that will give you an excellent idea of what Portland is like as you drive through each town. Once in Long Bay, have a drink at one of the bars by the sea then make your way back to Boston. Go to the center for a peek and maybe a lite bite. A guy has a fruit/vegetable stand between the Jerk Center and the beach entrance. His prices and produce are excellent plus he’s a sweetheart. I get pineapple, papaya and grapefruit from him. If you get anything, take it to the beach and chill for about 90 minutes. Get a drink at the bar on the beach, but don’t buy any food. I’ve yet to have a good meal there.

After Boston, once you’re back in Port Antonio and depending on time, walk to Bikini Beach until it’s time for you to check in for the bus.

User Info Menu

We’re spending the night there at San sky BnB. And will be leaving at 6am the next day. That sounds like a great start to our day for sure ! I’ve been dying to visit. I appreciate All of your help Vi

User Info Menu

Oh wonderful to know you will be there at least one night. You can have dinner at Woody's. I had a veggie burger there which was delicious. Since you aren't leaving that day, you might want to do Winnefred Beach instead of Boston.

User Info Menu

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on San Sky