Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATM question

User Info Menu

ATM question

we use an atm to get J with a no fee debit card. like to use scitoa as they partner with our bank BOA . has anyone recently used the scotia atm at times square? thanks

User Info Menu

Re: ATM question

Time Square ATM/ABM was shut down last time I was in there...a week or so ago.

User Info Menu

thanks . i also read there was a scotia atm at the craft market though i guess if i am there i may as well go to the bank. anyone know the one at the craft market or where it is?

User Info Menu

Lisa,
    Was it shut down for good or just temporarily at Time Square?

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    we use an atm to get J with a no fee debit card. like to use scitoa as they partner with our bank BOA . has anyone recently used the scotia atm at times square? thanks
    Scotia and BOA partnership no longer exist, and has not for well over a year. You will get hit with the fee now.

User Info Menu

I believe the craft market with the atm is the one near the airport not the one near the roundabout.

User Info Menu

Yes, the ATMs are in a small building about 7.5km or 4.7mi from the roundabout on the east side of the road. My experience has been that them working and having money in them is 50/50.

The ATM at Times Square is even less reliable in my experience.

The ATMs at ScotiaBank at the roundabout are pretty reliable except seem to run out of money on Sundays.

Even with the fees, if you do the maximum withdrawal (30,000 JA) you end up with a better net exchange rate than if you bring cash and exchange at a cambio. My bank charges me $1.50 and ScotiaBank charges $4.50 US ($563 JA), but then I got the straight bank exchange rate. The net was:

Withdrawal: $30,000 JA (received from the ATM)
    US $ withdrawn from my account: $246.33 plus $1.50 charge = $247.83 (this included the ScotiaBank fee)
    Net exchange rate after fees: 121.050
    Official exchange rate on date was 123.242
    Cambios were offering 115.15

User Info Menu

Any update on scotia atms in negril ? Im debating going in Mobay before the ride

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vacationlovaa View Post
    Any update on scotia atms in negril ? Im debating going in Mobay before the ride
    the good: scotia bank gives you your balance on the reciept
    the bad: it is like standing on a stage and announcing to the world your loading up on cash
    all for the low cost of 5 dollars none of the others charge that fee ie: in front of value master grocery
    or behind hi lo

in general: i have no problem paying a small fee(even 5 bucks) sometimes to have use of my account at home.......love when it is payday
    and im in jamaica and there is more cash to spend

scotia has a stand alone atm way out on the beach road

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Lisa,
    Was it shut down for good or just temporarily at Time Square?
    They had some "issues" with that particular ATM machine quite some time ago...it's been shut down since.

As for charges in the ATM/ABM machines...I know this to be the norm.
    Unless there's a relationship between banks or you have an account that doesn't incur fees with your own bank/credit union, you're going to get "dinged" by that bank/machine when you're taking out cash.
    I've only found one ATM/ABM in Negril that doesn't charge an extra fee for my particular foreign bank card.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 02-06-2018 at 10:49 PM.