Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Splitting Trip Between Negril & TB

User Info Menu

Thinking of Splitting Trip Between Negril & TB

It would cost more to do this because of all the transportation back & forth but for those who have done this is it worth it? The beaches are not nearly as beautiful as Negril but the vibe looks so peaceful. We spent a day there years ago but never spent the night. I was thinking of doing 5 & 5 maybe but Negril is so much easier to get to & less $ to get to.

User Info Menu

Re: Thinking of Splitting Trip Between Negril & TB

Do it! You will not regret it! My husband and I did this a couple years ago and will definitely do it again

The beaches in TB are beautiful, but in a different way than the beautiful beaches in Negril. I recommend renting a scooter or two (I rode on back with husband driving) while you're in TB and discover the beaches in the area. You'll find that you'll nearly have them to yourselves

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SVW View Post
    It would cost more to do this because of all the transportation back & forth but for those who have done this is it worth it? The beaches are not nearly as beautiful as Negril but the vibe looks so peaceful. We spent a day there years ago but never spent the night. I was thinking of doing 5 & 5 maybe but Negril is so much easier to get to & less $ to get to.
    Absolutely worth it, and I'd second the scooter rec. Do it.

User Info Menu

Thanks. You are both making it sound pretty good! Especially that beach all to yourself part

User Info Menu

Do it, and definitely get a scooter from Smurf's.

User Info Menu

Depending on what your quoted transpo rate is you may be able to work a better deal once you got to Negril, if that is the first stop. Call Bigga who runs Shades guest house in Belmont. he is about half way and a super cool dude. had a nice Honda? station wagon type deal a few weeks ago. I really like the beach at Belmont but not too much else happening around there. My fav fried chicken at Dor's in Belmont. I would For sure do the 5 days in TB if you can swing it

User Info Menu

Yes I was going to do half cliffs & half beach but I'm definitely leaning to half TB & half Negril Beach now. Was going to do TB first so we wouldn't have such a long drive back to the airport when it's over. I'm now thinking maybe 6 days TB & 4 Negril just so I don't miss anything in TB since I already know Negril.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SVW View Post
    Yes I was going to do half cliffs & half beach but I'm definitely leaning to half TB & half Negril Beach now. Was going to do TB first so we wouldn't have such a long drive back to the airport when it's over. I'm now thinking maybe 6 days TB & 4 Negril just so I don't miss anything in TB since I already know Negril.
    No, you'll want to end in TB for sure. The drive is the same either way. We do cliffs, then TB usually, but we're not really "beach" people in Negril (which is weird, I know).

User Info Menu

We have split twice, however we do Negril-TB-Negril. We took private transfer there one time and returned by route taxi. The second time it was route taxi both ways. We left some of our luggage in Negril and only traveled light back and forth. Full luggage in route taxis doesn't cut it.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Why is it best to end in TB if the drive is shorter from Negril? Also, how bad is the ride to TB for someone who tends to get motion sickness? I can take Dramamine if I need to.