Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of Splitting Trip Between Negril & TB

User Info Menu

Re: Thinking of Splitting Trip Between Negril & TB

To me, it's far more relaxing than Negril. It's very, very slow paced, not busy at all and no hustle to speak of. I guess I just prefer to end the trip on a more relaxing note. The drive time (total) is the same regardless of where you go first. It's the same route, just reversed.

User Info Menu

There is two routes from montego to treasure beach. They both are through the mountains and very twisty narrow roads. I think the B8 is better than the B6.

User Info Menu

TB looks like a real chill and cheap place to stay, going to check it out.

User Info Menu

Also a likkle airport in TB that TimAir flys into from Negril, etc. Expensive though. The drive through the mountains is beautiful - we did it in a torrential downpour on the way there and that was pretty scary, very glad I had a pro at the wheel. Coming back to Negril we had perfect weather, still glad I had a pro at the wheel as I got to enjoy the scenery.

User Info Menu

True & then we could leave Negril early & get to TB earlier in the day than if we went from the airport & didn't get in till later. We usually can't get there too early flying in from Denver.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately you can't get the party started or keep the party going on these little planes, the one time we did it I had to chug my Red Strip before I could get on.

User Info Menu

Just got back from 1 night MBJ then 9 nights in TB then 2 in Negril. If I did it again I would split it more down the middle and start in Negril. TB was great but after 9 nights I was a little bored and glad to get to Negril. We rented scooters from smurfs and was the best decision. Negril first to have all the activity and TB to rest and relax. Let me know if you have any questions.

User Info Menu

Have any of you stayed at Jakes while in TB? That property interests me although not the expensive cottages just a garden or sea view room. they each look nice in their own way. I'm thinking this idea to split between Negril & TB is a great one. I'm excited. I'll get the best of both worlds