Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jungle Nightclub Safety

User Info Menu

Jungle Nightclub Safety

Hello,

I'll be heading to Negril on the 21st. I'm a single male and staying at an AI. I was wondering if anyone had any experience venturing off the resort in the evenings, alone, to the nightclubs, specifically The Jungle, Alfred's, Roots Bamboo.

Should I be worried for my safety?? I'll probably have a few drinks and would prefer not to get "rolled".

Would appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Jungle Nightclub Safety

I have been by myself a couple of times. Once was for their Halloween party which was a blast. Even though Halloween is not generally observed in Jamaica it was a crazy night. Good times!

It looked like there were some "working girls" in there looking for single men from what I could tell. I normally never have so many women flirting with me so it was a dead giveaway LOL! There were also a lot of regular local women and men as well as tourist in there too.

Just use your common sense, don't do anything stupid like getting crazy drunk or leaving with people you do not know and you should be fine. Have fun!

From what I remember, lady's night is on Thursday's.

User Info Menu

Thanks man. I was there a number of years ago with friends but seem to recall having to walk the gauntlet to get to any kind of cab to get back to the hotel. My memory is fuzzy but I remember that walk being shady.

I appreciate the reply.

User Info Menu

Have someone else/a couple, at the AI to go with you.
    Tell them the Jungle is a blast.
    P.S.
    No, do not accept Pre-rolled Joints,
    No, do not accept drinks from anyone except the bartender.

You will be fine.

User Info Menu

Thanks. So you wouldn't recommend going alone?

User Info Menu

Alone is fine.
    I thought "you" were apprehensive.

I have been alone many times.
    It's OK.
    If you are a cool, confident, keep your wits about you kinda guy, No problem.

Enjoy!!

Leaving late, you may pay extra for a Taxi, that's all.
    P.S.
    It's just more fun with others,
    like Jerry and George and Kramer and Elaine.

:-)
    Last edited by Markospoon; 02-08-2018 at 04:36 PM.

User Info Menu

I've been heading down to Negril as a single guy the last 3 years and have visited all those places usually myself with no problems (and usually walking the beach or road back to White Sands). As long as you take a cab to the bars (and have a number to call one when you're done partying to go back to your AI), you'll be fine.

User Info Menu

Don't over drink, keep your wits, and you won't get rolled! Be a bit of a pessimist an You'll be fine.

User Info Menu

I have gone out in Negril alone, including the Jungle. Don't get drunk, don't get to cozy with anyone, and go home at a reasonable hour or if the atmosphere becomes tense for some reason. I love the atmosphere at the Jungle... it's fun dancehall, great people watching, and some talented dance crews "facing off"... if not staying close (hotel) to your night spot, take a taxi. You can try to establish a relationship with one driver during the day and set up a pick up plan or get their number, or just look for a car with a red plate. I hate the motorcycles, especially after sunset- they are the only thing on the road that makes me leery. Have a blast, don't be a drunk a-hole and you'll be fine!!!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

had some friends in town a couple weeks ago so they dragged mi to the Jungle.....lol
    appeared to be same old same old except for too many guys selling prerolled joints....
    wish all places had the security that the Jungle has.....but still kept mi wits about mi....lol
    common sense and not getting super stoned or falling down drunk is always good advice.....
    go with somebody else is always good advice.....no problem getting a taxi ride home after leaving the Jungle...
    Jungle is now open Friday nights too......be awhile since they have had dat......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20