Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - Portland 2017

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report - Portland 2017

Good stuff boss.

We probably won't get back to JA til next year. We just went to Sanibel this year, it definitely isn't Jamaica. Somewhere else this summer, not sure where yet. We'll see.

User Info Menu

Thanks TAH. I can't wait to get back...I so need a mental re-charge. I'm still thinking of going somewhere else, but it will be quickie on my way to Portland. I wonder if anyone has traveled like that. From the US to two islands in the same trip? Interested in how different the customs and immigration process may be.

Nevertheless, TAH, Jamaica will welcome you back with open arms...just don't stay away for more than a year...lol

User Info Menu

Vi, I have been trying to get Tah to go to Cuba, but one minor issue......lol !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Vi, I have been trying to get Tah to go to Cuba, but one minor issue......lol !!!
    Ahhh, jojo, I may have a work-around for that issue. Still a little risky, but maybe one I'm okay with. I need to do more homework before I'd attempt it. It's on my list though! Everything I see (except that) looks incredible.

Vi, we've done sort of similar trips routing through Puerto Rico to the VI's. Stay a night in Old San Juan, then catch a puddle jumper the next day to the VI's. Not sure if the logistics would be tougher heading to JA, but I'd think it would be do-able with some leg work. I do think our next JA trip will be to Portland though. We seem to need to keep exploring, and not get so comfy with a single destination the past five or so years. JA is always in the rotation though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post

After leaving Soldier Camp, our bellies demanded food. I let Michael select the place and without hesitation, he said KFC. This was my first time ever doing KFC in Jamaica and I gotta say the recipe is not only different from the US but tastier. I wanted more, but the line was ridiculously long and slow. Fast food is NOT fast food in Jamaica...lol

I have to admit that I refuse to make a trip to JA without a stop at KFC! I was introduced about 6 years ago and I am obsessed! "Meal Deal Spicy"

User Info Menu

TAH, I'm trying to arrange a stop in Cuba before going on to Jamaica. Just not sure what type of immigration snags (if any) that would create for me. I was detained on my last trip for a silly thing so if I can avoid that happening I will.

JoJo you are a gem!!!! If I get there, I'll do a private report and share it with you and TAH. Maybe that might help lol

Hi Sam I Am. I'm hooked too. That chicken was gooooood!!! The fried weren't bad either and I don't usually eat fries.

User Info Menu

Because it takes a lot of effort to hoist myself up, I decided to get out before the group returns. Save myself possible humiliation. You know, in case I fell back into the water or needed someone to help me up. Well the lifeguard that stayed behind saw me swim to the edge and without hesitation extended his hand to help me up. His arm of steel effortlessly raised me up as if I were a lightweight child.

“Weeeee….that was fun!”

He laughed too. I was amazed at his strength for real. He offered to help me back in so we can swim together. It was fun, but not that much fun. “No thanks”. So I pulled out my bottle of pre-mixed rum & club soda and gave him the camera. I took a sip and after a quick tutorial, told him to take many pictures of me. Give me something to laugh at when I’m back in the room. I danced a little to the reggae coming from my dynamic portable speaker. Best $30 I spent in a long time.

The music filled the cove; keeping in rhythm with the cascading waters. Shaggy tune…”Sugarcane” had me standing on the rocks, swaying and daydreaming about some thick, strong brother having…my back…as I whine...lol Not to mention the effect the rum is having on me. The thunder from the falls keeps your mind & soul stirring…

“How to bring you close to me?”
    “Huh??”
    He peeks over the camera. “How can I get you closer?”
    “You asking how to zoom? You see that button…”
    “No, YOU, you darlin…you body closer to mine.”
    I burst out a schoolgirl squeal then giggle while thinking to myself, NO WAY!

User Info Menu

I feel a rain drop…then another…then another. DANG! I check the sky and it’s clear a downpour is about to happen. Time to go!! Said good-bye to Mr. Player Lifeguard, pack my gear and head up the many steps to find a dry spot to sit and wait for Melissa and Scott. It was pouring by the time I reached the top. Thank goodness for purse size umbrellas to protect new hair!

Devon was waiting patiently in the car. I sat on the bench at the office watching the rain fall on the deep, green vegetation.

Melissa & Scott arrived and we are on our way. They talked non-stop about their Reach Falls experience. Scott said it was the best day of the trip so far. That’s so cool.

User Info Menu

Reach Falls looks so good! My experience was slightly "different"
    Pictures look awesome!

User Info Menu

Maralunatic...Slightly "different" in a good way, I hope. Can't wait to hear about it in your fabulous report!