Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - Portland 2017

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report - Portland 2017

And I have to add that your story about Trident Castle is sad Looks like a beautiful place though. Thanks for the wonderful pictures!

User Info Menu

THANKS agregory! Now it's only five days for you! How can you contain yourself!!!??? The only thing better than a single digit count to landing is actually landing LOL So what's first on the agenda besides having a drink for me???

Yeah, I was annoyed with the frontdesk chick. It's not the first time I was treated like that at a Jamaican business, but it was the first time happening in Portland. I'm glad I didn't have dinner first. No worries...I plan to drop off "thank you" gifts to Mr. Lester and the other rep. Who knows, I might have an opportunity to share the incident with them.

User Info Menu

Boston Bay & Boston Beach

This is the little vegetable/fruit stand in between the Boston jerk center and the beach. The gentleman who owns it is a nice, cordial man. His produce is always fresh and I feel his prices are low. I buy out his grapefruit because they are sweet and hard to find.

I call this place my “go to” beach because I can get to it quick. I love how they continue to make improvements on the area. I was told they are going to build a proper stage for the weekend DJ and maybe a stage show. To be honest, I prefer no music because it’s always way too loud. Louder than it needs to be. So hopefully they will keep the music on weekends.

ahhhhhhh look at that water!!!!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

One of the very handsome lifeguards. He's also a sweetheart.

User Info Menu

Shane has time to cook for me today. He loves to work his culinary skills either in the kitchen or over an open fire. I’ve only met one Jamaican man that does not cook. Not even for himself. But anyway, we decided on the dish, I gave him the money for the ingredients and he brought everything to the beach! Oh this is going to be good…

Last edited by *vi*; 02-19-2018 at 10:25 AM.

User Info Menu

The "kitchen" is a waist-level clearing beside the lifeguard shack. He also cooks on the other side of the beach to the far right of this view. You can enter the beach free from that side but you have to pass through rocky waters to get around to the paid side. Shane is always trying to get me to walk with him to that side. He said it's more "chill" around there. People sit on the beach...smoke...drink...smoke some more...eat a little...then smoke again. The young visitors love it over there...I guess so LOL

User Info Menu