Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - Portland 2017

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report - Portland 2017

I tell you, Vince. If the owners were home, I would beg them to let me walk the property and pretend for 5 minutes it's mine.

User Info Menu

I met this absolutely delightful young couple from Australia…

The greeting was “G’day, Miss Vi!” followed by “Melissa cooked this or Melissa cooked that…would you like a bite, ay?”

Melissa is vegan; Scott is not so she’s learned to be creative with the meals. She made a wonderful breadfruit cake with homemade icing. They worked & saved money for a year then quit their jobs to travel to different countries for 6 months. Not only was I surprised that Jamaica (first time) was on their itinerary but staying in Portland instead of one of the popular places really impressed me.

They fell in love with Portland. When I learned they had not gone to Reach Falls, I didn’t hesitate to invite them to join me. So one afternoon I called Devon and the four of us headed to the falls.

There was a threat of rain, but these two did NOT want to cancel so we pressed on.

User Info Menu

We soon arrive..

Reach Falls

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Portland Waterfall (Up in the Blue Mountains)

Name:  Portland Waterfall.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  518.5 KB

Name:  Mountain Falls (Portland).jpg
Views: 682
Size:  1.92 MB
    Last edited by johng; 03-01-2018 at 05:56 PM.

User Info Menu

In 2000 I was doing an inventory of the reefs along Jamaica’s coast. Most of our travels were by boat, but we stayed in hotels and experienced the generosity and flavor of Jamaica in many of these out of the way communities along the way. In 2004 I spent 10 months on the north coast as I was working on the island. I bought a used car and travelled all over the island on my days off. I return to Jamaica every couple years.....

User Info Menu

Nice shots, JohnG. I passed the second falls when returning from Moore Town.

Kritter, You must have some collection of interesting stories and amazing photos. Just talking about your work would captivate the attention of any lover of Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I went in for a nice relaxing wade. There were a lot of people out today, but I was never cramped for space. When Scott found out the lifeguard will take folks on a tour and through the caves, he was ready to go. He and Melissa invited others to join them. I was surprised when they all said yes. They left me alone…ahhhhh it was heavenly. Only sounds heard were the whispers of my sighs of contentment and the water falling over the rocks and rushing through the cove’s channel. I turn in one direction to feel the light spray of cool water on my face then spin around to let the sun dry my nose and cheeks.

Like a natural jacuzzi the water’s pressure invigorates the body.

User Info Menu