Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - Portland 2017

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report - Portland 2017

Cliff Hanger Restaurant and Rooms

The sun came out just as we entered Long Bay. Now what?? Scott was hungry so I suggested we stop at Cliff Hanger Restaurant. I heard so much this place…good and bad…that I had to check it out for myself. Devon parked and I stepped out plunging my foot ankle-deep in a grassy mud puddle. Not cool!!!! Felt like stepping into a trough full of slimy worms. Nasty! Bottled water to rinse it off and we're on our way.

User Info Menu

Those are the rental units. I didn't see the inside but will next time I visit.

User Info Menu

Definitely curious to hear your thoughts about the Cliff Hanger. I've looked at this place, and the neighboring property that has a similar set up (can't recall the name).

User Info Menu

The property is nicely laid out and decorated, but the view from the bar is utterly GORGEOUS. If I were a guest here, this is where I would spend most of my time. The design of the bar area truly impressed me. The tables and stools are on levels so the view of the endless ocean is always before your eyes. Lovely!!!

I didn’t tour the units because I had to consider the others with me. It would have taken close to an hour to see everything. Besides, Scott was really hungry, but due to their tight budget, they opted for a smoothie to share which they enjoyed. I treated Devon to a smoothie and he said it was very good. None of us sampled the food. While they sipped their drinks, I walked around taking pictures and enjoying the scenery. I do intend on going again so maybe next time I’ll order a meal and possibly meet the owner. He was there, but sitting with guests so I didn’t intrude. I can say he’s just as handsome as his masterpiece.

It’s a quiet place, or at least when we were there. It appears to be best suited for adults. The bar & restaurant, which are separate areas, are both very spacious. The hostess said they usually have music playing, but shut it down due to the rain. From what I could see and knowing that the rooms are new, I would consider staying there.

User Info Menu

The restaurant is a short walk from the bar.

User Info Menu

That place looks beautiful. Wish we would have know I'd have stayed there in a heartbeat. Especially if the owner is handsome....heehee

User Info Menu

Maralunatic, I think you started out just right by being close to town and branching out. Best way to get a feel of Portland in order to know if you like it or not. That's how my first visit was. This place is about 40 minutes from where you stayed. I will tour the units when I return. I'll have plenty of photos to temp you and your honey to return to Portland . And Yes, even from a distance, the man was very nice looking.

User Info Menu

Devon taking in the view.

User Info Menu

Yeah it looks real nice. Is there any sea access at all? I didn't think so, but can't really tell from their site or using google earth. Just wasn't sure if there was a path, or stair down to the water. Even if too rough to get in, we like to be able to get near it.

Sorry, don't mean to de-rail your report. Carry on... *cough, cough*

User Info Menu

TAH, that's a good question. I don't remember seeing any way to get close to the water. But when I go back, I'll find out. Less than 30 days yipeeee. Oh and you have re-railing rights to any of my reports.